Why are we here?
You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work – all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment. Eurofins is by your side every day, from the food you eat to the medicines you rely on.
We work with the biggest companies in the world, making sure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Our global and diverse network of companies offers a stimulating start-up environment with fast track careers.
As a part of Eurofins, you will contribute to making science and innovation happen every day!
How can you contribute?
You will join a challenging and unique large-scale Transformation Program with high impact and visibility.
In the role, you will architect and design secure, robust, scalable IT Infrastructure platforms to support the delivery of resilient, best-in-class, cost-efficient IT Infra Services, provided by the Zone and Regional IT Infrastructure teams. Your responsibilities also include providing strategic coordination and tactical governance, driving product evaluation and selecting new IT Infrastructure products to meet strategic business initiatives. Additionally, you will engage with vendors and build development plans to drive technology certification and innovation.
As an IT Infrastructure Architect at Eurofins, you will:
- Provide guidance on technical matters within Infrastructure technology;
- Maintain a concise catalogue of Infrastructure Building Blocks (IBBs) to provide a common platform for the application architecture;
- Specify and design the new enterprise level solutions by selecting the appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensuring that they are applied effectively;
- Consult on architecture deliverables, which include (but are not limited to) the reference architecture, IT implementation standards and principles, Infrastructure Strategy / Target / Roadmap, the creation of whitepapers / option papers to recommend changes where necessary;
- Engage with the Regional Business Line/Zone Business Leaders and Zone IT Infra/Solutions managers to understand business needs and (co)define the IT Strategy for each RBL/Zone;
- Adopt renewable technology assets to improve efficiency;
- Work with Group C&S; Team and actively contribute to the definition of Group Competence & Standards;
- Collaborate with Zone/Regional IT Infra teams to ensure that agreed IT Infrastructure standards, technologies, products, etc. are understood, implemented and adhered to
- Prepare vendor engagement documents;
- Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options by ensuring that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements;
- Review others’ system designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology;
- Provide leadership support and expert guidance to technical management teams.
Are you our kind of extraordinary?
- Bachelor Degree in IT, Computer Science or related;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar IT Infrastructure Technical Lead/Architect role;
- Strong knowledge of core Microsoft products/services and O365 services;
- Knowledge of principles and practices involved in development and maintenance of software solutions and architectures and in service delivery;
- Experience in the infrastructure and platform space, covering a wide range of technologies, such as:
- Windows and Linux Server Operating Systems;
- Cloud computing platforms (e.g Docker, Kubernetes, Saas Applications);
- Database Platforms and related management tools;
- Data Storage solutions;
- System management and monitoring tools;
- Backup and recovery tools/technologies, business continuity & disaster recovery;
- VMware and virtualisation technologies.
- Good knowledge of Automation and scripting languages (e.g. Batch scripting, Terraform, Python, Jenkins, Chef, CI/CD);
- Understanding of: application life-cycle management, network SDN, SD-WAN and firewalls, enterprise Architecture concepts, industry standards and best practices;
- Deep understanding of on-premise virtual and public cloud infrastructures (e.g. Azure/AWS);
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across IT Infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration and applications layers;
- Extensive knowledge of Compute (e.g. Windows Server), Storage (e.g. NetApp), Network (e.g. Cisco, CheckPoint) technologies;
- Familiarity with container technologies (e.g. Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes) is highly desirable;
- Familiarity with technical design/implementation based projects using Agile Scrum, SDLC or DevOps methodologies is highly desirable;
- Experience with ISO 27001 is a strong asset.
- Strong English communication skills (written/oral) required.
What can we offer you?
- Very attractive, multicultural and friendly work environment in fast-growing international company (more than 58 000 employees now);
- Possibility to grow and make the next step in your professional career, self-development and exposure to modern technologies/practices;
- Long-term relationship and competitive salary package;
- Flexible remuneration, full health coverage and other benefits;
- Access to an e-learning platform;
- Dynamic internal mobility offering possibility to move within an international IT network;
- Flexible working situation
As the role and Eurofins' IT Talent Acquisition team are international, please ensure to submit your application in English.
Want to know more about us?
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink,
to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years,
Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in 54 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products. In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR €6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Company Description Why are we here You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment. Eurofins is by your side [...]
You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work – all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment.Eurofins is by your side every day, from the food you eat to th [...]
Company DescriptionWhy are we here?You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment. Eurofins is by your side every [...]
Company Description Why are we here? You may not know our name but we can guarantee you know our work all we do has a positive impact on life, health and the environment. Eurofins is by your sid [...]