Who we are
We are the leading independent e-commerce fulfilment platform in Europe that provides scalable fulfilment services for e-commerce businesses and fast-growing D2C brands. From warehousing, picking and packing, delivery, and returns management, we take care of the whole fulfilment process for online shops. By using our solution, retailers get access to 20+ fulfilment locations across Europe, which are all interconnected via our software. This enables e-commerce retailers to manage their whole fulfilment with our powerful all-in-one tool, in the fastest and most efficient way possible.
As a scale-up company with offices across Europe, we are looking for strong HR professional, a team player,
if you enjoy building from scratch and excited about owning super interesting challenges, while being part of a top-notch global HR team, this is a great work environment for you
As Head of Compensation & Benefits, you will be responsible for leading crucial aspects of the HR function activity as they relate to global payroll management and our rewards strategy. you will also have the opportunity to take the lead in exciting, dynamic projects; such as shaping our job architecture & levelling methodology, you will review and redesign our benefits strategy, to keep us as an employer of choice. You will report directly to our Chief HR Officer, and will be part of the HR leadership team.
This is what you will do:
Own the payroll process each month across our seven entities in Europe, while managing a strong partnership with our payroll providers
- Create job architecture & structure across the organisation; by defining the infrastructure & leveling of jobs within byrd
- Establish salary benchmarks & advise on salary adjustments based on position and market value
- Reviewing our current benefit scheme and designing a new benefit strategy globally, that provide our colleagues with excellent support & contribute to their personal & professional development, wellbeing & work-life balance, as an employer of choice
- Build the company-wide equity management scheme across all functions & levels.
- Overtake, own & develop byrd’s annual salary review process.
You have the following skills & abilities:
- HR Qualification (Bachelor/Masters degree)
- At least 5 years of experience managing the payroll process in multiple locations in Europe
- Experience managing payroll in Germany is a must
- Experience working for a global company is a must
- Experience in managing projects relating to compensation and global rewards
- Experience in the creation & standardisation of benefit schemes within a global company
- Experience in equity management
- Strong aptitude for managing and prioritising multiple projects and deadlines, advanced project management skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) including the ability to articulate complicated issues in a manner that others can understand.
- Great stakeholder management skills
- Team player
- Native-level proficiency in English
- German, French, Spanish, Italian or Polish language skills would be considered a big plus
What is in it for you:
- Choose where you work. With a remote working culture & a selection of swanky new offices, you can work from the comfort of your own home or one of our groovy hubs. Save on commute time by working remotely,
or join colleagues in our offices & take advantage of the benefits that they have to offer. From beer taps & baristas to foosball tables; these pet-friendly havens allow you to work & interact in a dynamic environment.
- Relocation Assistance. We offer relocation for you and your family (and pets)! We work with top local relocation companies to help colleagues & their families relocate from all over the world. We have helped 20% of our current colleagues to relocate, and take pride in assisting soon-to-be byrdies to make the moving process as pain-free as possible.
- Permanent contracts. We offer full-time, permanent contracts to our colleagues. We hope to be working & growing together for a long time!
- Gym membership package. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well-rested. Our work-related activities are diversified; our movement is not. In order to create a balance,
we offer Urban Sports Club (Germany, France, Italy, Spain) and MyClubs (Vienna) membership to everyone at byrd.
- Annual public transport tickets. We offer annual public transportation tickets to employees to compensate for the time they spend commuting and as an incentive to opt for the environmentally-friendly way of commuting to our offices. As our first entities were established in Austria & Germany, this perk is only currently available for Berlin & Vienna-based colleagues. Our HR team is working to extend this benefit to our other locations very soon.
- Tech pack and merch. We provide top-quality hardware that you need to help byrd move the needle. To top things off, we also provide lots of merch to our byrdies to keep us all swagged out.
- Regular team events. We are always happy to meet for team lunches or a small break to unwind and have a (virtual)
cup of your favorite brew. In addition, team-building and celebratory events are at the core of our social gatherings, bringing colleagues together to celebrate our achievements and growth.
- Meaningful tasks. With us, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that have a direct impact on our company and our customers. You will have an opportunity to work with a team of experienced and passionate professionals that care for you and your contributions to the team.
- GROW with us. We have doubled in size each year since our inception in 2016 - and plan on continuing this trend. From a small Vienna back office to operating in seven countries, we want you to grow with us as we continue our quest to become the e-commerce fulfillment standard in Europe. Our barrier-free,
open style of communication allows both new & tenured colleagues to impact key decisions & have their voices and ideas heard. Let's grow together.
? ? ?
Last but not least, we are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Should you wish to learn more about our company culture and our values, then feel free to check out our team page and our #byrdisthewordpage.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Detalles del empleo Tipo de empleo Jornada completa Descripción completa del empleo Who we are We are the leading independent e-commerce fulfilment platform in Europe that provides scalable f [...]
Potential locations for this role: Barcelona (Spain), Berlin (Germany) or Warsaw (Poland)Who we areWe are the leading independent e-commerce fulfilment platform in Europe that provides scalable fulfil [...]
Potential locations for this role: Barcelona (Spain), Berlin (Germany) or Warsaw (Poland) Who we are We are the leading independent e-commerce fulfilment platform in Europe that provides scalable [...]
Who we are We are the leading independent e-commerce fulfilment platform in Europe that provides scalable fulfilment services for e-commerce businesses and fast-growing D2C brands. From warehousing [...]