We are searching for our new team member - Application Consultant for EMEA
The Application Consultant resource is responsible to engage with customers presale, sales, specialty sellers and act as a liaison to other domain experts and delivery organizations to lead delivery engagements and better understand scope requirements. The resource acts as the commercial team’s subject matter expert for the customer, sales organization, and Business Unit and leads engagement requirements of related products and comprehensive delivery offerings from RA, partners, and competitors in designated focus areas.
Where the Application Consultant is not the domain expert they will liaise with and be supported by SMEs within other parts of the business. Key skills include being collaborative in nature, organized with conducting the flow of knowledge between teams and able to assimilate technical concepts quickly in order to assess and architect the SOW during the sales process. Project Management / coordination experience a key advantage in additional to the required technical skillset.
The Application Consultant is a deeply technical and customer facing coordinating resource for Rockwell Automation technology, products, services, and solutions within their area(s) of expertise, capable of articulating capability, defining scope and benefits of portfolio to customers. They deliver, lead and manage commercial offer, presales support, and is a trusted advisor to the sales organization and channel. They are responsible for technical support in pre-sales activities and support bid offer activities for a specific range of products, services & solutions within a defined geography.
For connected services offerings focused in RA Portfolio are aligned to the below technologies:
- OT Cybersecurity Assessments and solutions - ISA/IEC 62443-2-4, 62443-3-2
- Virtualization & Hyper-Converged Design / Implement - Industrial Data Center
- Industrial Network Assessment / Design / Deploy - CPwE (Converged Plantwide Ethernet)
- Partner offerings, including Cisco, VMware, Claroty, Panduit, etc
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- Cloud Infrastructure Models
- Lead scope definition, articulate differentiators and values versus competition in his area of expertise (infrastructure)
- Work with Sales, Consultants and Specialists to assess and respond to IT/OT, engineering, consulting, project and support services opportunities
- Management of the process from Bid Request, Information gathering, Scope definition, Solution design and costing, and Approvals – Collaborate with Sales, Solution Consultants, Sales Specialists, Engineering, Services, and your peer proposal teams regional/global.
- Demonstrate the ability to expand the scope of solutions requested by incorporating the full portfolio of Rockwell Automation offerings, including but not limited to: Connected Services, Process/Power & Control/Information Solutions, Packaged Power, and local Field Labor.
- Advise Consultants and/or Sales on proposal generation, validation, and presentations for executive level customers
- Requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time
- Take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined
- The position will generally be task oriented, requiring someone with a conservative, careful, and cautious approach to work
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering/technical related field or equivalent
- 5+ years consulting, architect, or engineer experience in IT infrastructure (network, compute, storage)
- Demonstrated understanding of virtualized and hyper-converged IT/OT infrastructure is a must
- Pre-sale or architect experience with Cisco network and security devices (Catalyst, Firepower)
- Existing hands-on experience with VMware vSphere virtualized environments
- Deep understanding and ability to assist delivery resources with configuration, maintenance and support of virtualized environments based on VMware vSphere
- Understands concepts of high availability, fault tolerance
- Working knowledge of ESXi and vCenter installation and configuration, vSphere Replication configuration
- Deep knowledge of server technology, especially Dell, HPE, Cisco
- Ability to build and validate BOM (bill of material) for server, storage, and network components
- Experience with backup of both virtualized and physical environments
- Experience with migrations to virtualized platform (P2V, V2V)
- Experience working remotely in regional (EMEA) and global teams
- Experience from industrial (OT) environment is a big plus
- Familiarity with storage technologies (local storage, virtual SAN, SAN (iSCSI), NAS)
- Understanding of cyber security concepts (AV, patching, firewalls (high level), threat detection, device hardening)
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory and DNS is a plus
- Fluency with native language and strong command of English (written & spoken).
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Accepts Role Requirements
- Participation in global affinity teams to share application and pursuit experience with Global Domain Experts
- Influence and operate across a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for relationship building and partnership across the organization at all levels.
- Values working in a team-oriented culture and building consensus with stakeholders before making key decisions.
- Actively pursues personal continuous learning, development of skills and knowledge in job-related technical and professional areas.
- Actively participates in calls and meetings via phone or in-person, as needed.
- 25% (post-COVID) travel to customers within assigned geography required.
Key Performance Metrics
- Support key business growth objectives (Achieve AOP order & sales targets for specific products)
- Ensure all proposals are compliant with PARB / Internal RA approval processes
- Provide accurate and professional support to proposals (On time / Win Rate / Hit Rate)
- Pro-actively close identified skill gaps
- Continually develop technical capability, while staying abreast of products
- On time proposal / Win Rate / Hit Rate
What do we offer?
- Annual bonus
- 5 weeks of vacation per calendar year
- Meal allowance
- Life insurance fully covered
- Pension insurance contribution
- Premium medical care
- 5 Sick Days per calendar year
- Multisport card
- Flexible working time
- Combination of home office and office job
- Friendly working environment and nice offices
- Great coffee
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Requisition ID: 289523 Work Area: Information Technology Expected Travel: 0 - 10% Career Status: Professional Employment Type: Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION SAP started in 1972 as a [...]
Descripción de la oferta de empleo YOUR NEW ROLE The EMEA IT SAP Financials Business Process Architect (EMEA SAP FI-CO BPA) is responsible to support the planning and execution of the IT Strate [...]
What we offer Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creat [...]
What we offer Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creati [...]