XO Group Inc.
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We’re seeking a talented and highly motivated full-stack engineer to join The Knot Invitations team.
This is an exciting new line of business for The Knot Worldwide and we are making significant investments in our offering. The products you will be working on help couples find and customize wedding invitations that inspire and delight. Our tools power our paper offerings across multiple brands and are integral to solving user pain points and meeting business goals. We have ambitious, experiment-driven milestones but we also have a commitment to quality. New code at all levels of the stack is expected to be extensible, high performing, scalable, and secure. What you build will make the wedding planning process more enjoyable and less stressful for our millions of users.
- This is a Senior Software Engineer position.
- This is a remote position. We are based in Barcelona but if you’re living in Spain you may also apply.
- Develop features for The Knot Invitations suite of tools that couples use to find, customize, and purchase their wedding invitations.
- We expect you to have knowledge in web performance, at least in the front-end side. Words like lazy loading, Accessibility, PageSpeed, Lighthouse, Web Vitals should be no stranger to you.
- Help migrate the existing Invitations platform onto a modern tech stack (Node/React) and a new ecommerce solution.
- Produce well-tested, maintainable, and scalable code.
- Collaborate in the Agile development process to help architect, build, and ship new features.
- Be an advocate for coding best practices on the team, and stay up-to-date on new technologies and industry standards.
- Engage with the tech organization beyond our team. Partner with engineering teams in the United States and around the globe to make decisions on architecture, data, and process patterns.
- Partner with product and engineering managers to maintain the right balance between feature and technical work.
WHAT OUR TECH STACK LOOKS LIKE:
- Node.js / TypeScript
- React and NextJS
- CSS, SaSS
- Node.js, GraphQL, Apollo, RESTful APIs
- Jest, React Testing Library, E2E with Cypress.
- Postgres, ElasticSearch
- Jenkins, Docker, K8s, AWS, Serverless
- Github, JIRA and Slack
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
- Minimum 4 years experience as a software engineer building beautiful, scalable, and highly visible web applications.
- Experience building front-end features in React is required.
- Experience with NextJs.
- Experience improving PageSpeed, Lighthouse, Web Vitals metrics is required.
- Experience with Node.js and Typescript preferred.
- Some experience working on the server-side in a Node.js application stack with a modern persistence layer.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience working in an Agile based environment.
- Some experience with Cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks on the back-end and front-end. You consider solid test coverage to be a critical part of the development process.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficiency in English required.
- Excellent time management skills. You are able to set milestones and exercise independent judgment to complete projects on time and to specifications.
- A passion for self-improvement. You constantly strive to expand your technical skill set and to improve the quality of your code. You enjoy finding new ways to produce great code at a blazing pace.
BONUS POINTS (NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT REQUIRED):
- Experience querying ElasticSearch
- Experience with eCommerce technologies.
- Experience with A/B testing practices.
- Understanding of AWS and Kubernetes.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You dream big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You love our users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You do the right thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You hustle every day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You win together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WORKING FROM HOME & VACATIONS:
- Remote during Covid19 and afterwards too.
- Working from home is perfectly OK. You may work in the office if desired too.
- You may be asked to visit the office if required.
- Vacation periods may be taken anytime throughout the year.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Private Health Insurance “CIGNA” paid by the Company.
- Subsidies and grants in training and English courses
- Currently working 100% from home.
- Flexible working hours
- Tax relief options for Ticket Restaurant, Ticket Transportation and Daycare.
- 40€ per month in tickets restaurant
- Udemy courses
easy APP to ask for salary advance payments in 48h
great APP for gym lovers (we have up to 50% discount)
- Free paid hours:
use your paid holidays as hours
- Referral bonus:
up to 1.300€ bonus if you recommend someone to work with us
- Getting married or having a baby? We have a gift for you!
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Job Description Working for Elephant Seven in Barcelona You will be a part of our creative and digital production team as a Sr Frontend Developer (m/f/d) working directly for German brands and clien [...]
de la oferta : hasta el Funciones Work and grow as a Senior Frontend Developer using Vue.js. You will be part of a dynamic team focused on the development of an innovative Customer Servi [...]
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and [...]
Work and grow as a Senior Frontend Developer using Vue.js. You will be part of a dynamic team focused on the development of an innovative Customer Service solution. Write your best code lines with [...]