About the Opportunity
Dentons Europe is seeking Risk Lawyer to join our growing regional team spread across three offices. Based in either Madrid or Prague or London you will be operationally involved in conducting both conflict of interest and AML checks at different levels of complexity while actively participating in deepening the knowledge and expertise of some of our less experienced analysts. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified lawyer to join an international team focused on deepening risk and compliance excellence in Europe at our firm.
We are seeking 7 Analysts/Lawyers to join the team due to significant increase of workload across the department.
About the role
- Working as part of the team operating Dentons New Business Intake (NBI) system: Reviewing new client and matter requests submitted via the firms NBI system, raising queries as necessary and performing conflict searches and analysing results to identify conflicts in accordance with firm policy and relevant regulatory requirements. Liaising with partners, staff and other members of the Risk team to facilitate the prompt resolution of commercial and legal conflict issues identified from conflict searches. Preparing conflict waivers, letters of non-objection and other conflict-related documentation as well as establishing and maintaining information barriers as necessary. Ensuring anti-money laundering, sanctions and other risk checks have been carried out for new and existing clients in compliance with Firm policy and applicable regulatory requirements, and that relevant data is properly entered and maintained on the Firms systems. Assisting the practice in establishing engagement terms and advising on client imposed terms. Dealing with procedural queries raised by users of the NBI system. Providing ad-hoc advice and developing presentations to the practice and the wider Risk team on all aspects of NBI related policy and regulation including providing guidance on conflict management, anti-money laundering requirements, sanctions and engagement. Leading projects to continuously improve NBI policy and process. Drafting new and reviewing existing NBI policy and guidance.
- Providing support to the practice on general compliance matters such as share dealing, confidentiality obligations, outside interests, anti-bribery and corruption: Drafting new and reviewing existing compliance policy and guidance. Ensuring policy and guidance is up to date, in line with global requirements and adheres to relevant regulatory requirements. Advising the practice on ad-hoc regulatory and risk issues and application of policy.
- Managing matters in relation to the firms professional indemnity and general insurances.
- General support and advice to the Firms Head and Deputy Head of Risk and Risk Managers as and when required.
- A legal qualification.
- Relevant experience in practice and/or compliance at an international law firm, or other professional or financial services firm.
- A very strong working knowledge of the risk, ethical and regulatory environment in which law firms operate to include a thorough understanding of Bar rules and regulation relevant to legal practice, such as: conflict rules; European anti-money laundering laws; international sanctions regimes or data-protection regulation.
- Experience leading projects.
- A risk management qualification/experience of working with risk management software.
- Completion of a project management course/training.
- Excellent analytic skills: Able to quickly identify and meticulously analyse complex issues to provide practical solutions.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to provide clear and unambiguous instructions or advice; persuasively communicating the Risk position by telephone, in writing and in person.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills: Able to effectively manage a diverse personal workload; organising and prioritising multiple tasks simultaneously and completing them to a high standard.
- Excellent drafting skills. Able to contribute to the drafting of clear and concise policy and guidance as well as to the building of training in support of these.
- Strong research skills: Able to research and analyse divergent legal positions often under time pressure.
- Advanced IT skills: Proven ability to learn new software and programs and keep up to date with developments (including enhancements to the Firms systems).
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Remains calm and works well under pressure; dealing confidently, competently and diplomatically with Partners worldwide by email, telephone and in person.
- Capable of building and maintaining effective working relationships to become a trusted advisor to the practice, other business support functions and other colleagues in the Risk team.
- Proactive in taking ownership for the resolution of issues and able to work with minimal supervision at busy times.
- Able to share knowledge with and develop know how for use by other Risk team members.
- Client-focused, commercial approach.
What we can offer
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognizing that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm. Our team of business services professionals play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit Talent into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of teams at all levels.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV and a brief cover letter. If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Barbara at [email protected]
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
¿Tienes experiencia como masajista? Seleccionamos profesionales para trabajar en Madrid inmediatamente. Funciones: Realización de masajes y tratamientos corporales Tratamientos de belleza y [...]
Se necesita camarero para buffet libre Contactar solo por WhatsApp No atiendo la llamada Con buena presencia puntual amable permiso al trabajo Punto trabajo alcorcón y Fuenlabrada Turn [...]
Buscamos incorporar a un entrenador de baloncesto con carácter sociable y con experiencia previa en el buen trato a clientes. Es esencial saber cómo encargarse servicio de inicio a fin, empezando po [...]
Se necesita camarero profesional en Alcobendas preferiblemente español urge [...]