IRTA Institute of Agrifood Research and Technology
IRTAis currently seeking a Researcher in Pomology, focused on fruit development and orchard management. The Researcher will apply these topics to create strategies for optimal fruit production by integrating plant material (cultivar and rootstocks), weather conditions and plant physiology. Research experience on main process on fruit production (pollination, fruit and fruitlet development, training and pruning system, maturity …) and genetics is required.
Research lines will be focused on main fruit crops in Catalonia area (apple, pear, and peach).
Duties and Responsabilities:
- To lead a research line on Pomology.
- To participate actively in the preparation of proposals for national and
international public calls.
- To participate actively in agreements with private companies.
- To be involved in the transfer of knowledge and technologies to the private
- To participate in dissemination activities related with the research line.
- To create synergies with other research lines at IRTA and with other research institutions or universities.
Desired skills and experience
- PhD in Plant Science (Degree in Agronomy or Biology or related).
- Scientific experience in fruit research.
- Scientific experience publishing in peer‐review scientific journals.
- Experience in interacting with the agricultural sector and scientific community.
- Post-doc minimum experience of 2 years in research institutions.
- Sound informatics background at advance user level of the Office pack (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and data analysis programs.
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written. Spanish and French skills will be valued.
- Full driving license for Europe and travelling availability.
- Skills and experience in fruit orchard management and fruit quality determination.
- Experience as research project leader during at least 3 years.
- Capacity in fruit industry concertation, technology transfer and fostering innovative added value.
- Knowledge of Catalan will also be valued.
- Strong organization capacity and ability to learn and successfully work within multidisciplinary teams and experience to motivate research teams.
- Mind-oriented to challenges and focus on results.
- Capacity and skills to develop and encourage strong collaborative links with the national and international scientific community and the fruit industry sector (Catalan, Spanish and European).
- Capacity to foresee, plan and write R+D projects, reports and technical documents.
- Communication and team working attitude.
- Good integration in multidisciplinary teams.
- Organization and motivation.
- Compromise and cooperation.
This is a full-time positionwith the successful candidate being contracted permanently with a probationary period of 6 months. Gross salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
IRTA offers a rich environment for knowledge development and exchange where to develop a scientific career, and possibilities for professional promotion according to the attained achievements.
About the employer
IRTA is a research institute owned by the Government of Catalonia ascribed to the Department of Agriculture and Livestock. It is regulated by Law 04/2009, passed by the Catalan Parliament on 15 April 2009, and it is ruled by private regulations. IRTA is one of the CERCA centers of excellence of the Catalan Research System.
IRTA’s purpose is to contribute to the modernization, competitiveness and sustainable development of agriculture, food and aquaculture sectors, the supply of healthy and quality foods for consumers and, generally, improving the welfare and prosperity of the society.
The objectives of the Fruit Production Program are:
- Renovation and continuous improvement of the productive structure, working plant material from selection and/or evaluation through to genetic improvement, bringing in new varieties adapted to different agri-environmental conditions and to different markets.
- Efficient use of production inputs.
- Reducing production cost and improving productivity.
- Development of models for integrated production systems, conservation and distribution considering the preservation of natural resources and respecting the environment.
- Obtaining excellent quality fruit products (commercial traits, organoleptic attributes, and nutritional properties).
These scientific topics are developed for several crops or species, like pip fruits (apple and pear), stone fruits (peach, cherry, and apricot), nuts (almond, walnut and hazelnut), olive, vineyard, carob, citrus, and agroforestry species.
Areas of Research
- Agronomy & Horticulture
- Data Analytics
- Life Sciences
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Se busca un chofer repartidor para una sustitución de unas vacaciones por 1 mes, para empezar el día 26/06/21 hasta el día 25/07/21, se ofrece salario + seguridad social. El horario de trabajo es a [...]
Urge personal para recogida en el campo, para un trabajo temporal en FRANCIA. Se valorará coche propio. Viaje y alojamiento a cargo de la empresa. Buen sueldo y primas. [...]
Importante centro especializado en la medicina estética y bienestar personal incorpora un/a recepcionista. tareas: recepción y atención de clientes seguimiento de clientes y realización [...]
Es precisa peó per a important empresa del Pla d'Urgell del sector de la fustar>Funcions: manipulació de peces de fusta, muntatge, gravació de peces de fusta, entre altresequisits: destresa [...]