There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: Spain (ES) - Madrid - Getafe
Title: Unit Supervisor II (49200353) - 74275
Is responsible for achieving departmental/area goals and objectives. Supervises production, maintenance and/or warehouse employees in operations or processes requiring semi-skilled to unskilled employees to ensure that the goals of the department and organization are achieved. The supervisor is the first- line liaison between the production employees and the management staff and thus also serves the function of representing the company's interests with the shop floor staff.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves various system, part, people or process issues to correct deficiencies, reduce costs, improve processes/performance.
- Directs departmental continuous improvement plans and activities.
- Plans for maintenance of equipment and facilities to maximize the uptime and utilization of capital equipment assets.
- Works with Safety Team in meeting company standards and enforces safety regulations to prevent and eliminate injuries.
- Establishes employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance. Ensures that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job.
- Administers employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit. Monitors individual and line performance and takes corrective action including discipline, as needed and responds to complaints to insure the Company and employees adheres to policies, practices, procedures and work rules.
- Supervises and leads the development and execution of departmental plans to achieve objectives in safety, quality, schedule, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Manages and controls costs to stay within the department operating budget targets.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge
Knowledge of general accounting in support of establishing and managing departmental operating budgets.
Understanding of employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit.
Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance and facilities.
Understanding of Deere Production System, Lean Manufacturing, Just-in- Time, Kanban, Demand Flow Technology.
Working knowledge of the appropriate operating and information systems.
Knowledge of shop floor manufacturing and/or warehouse and distribution production pay systems.
Knowledge of products, customers, markets and competitors.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Descripción de la empresa Somos una empresa joven y dinámica, formada por un completo equipo de profesionales con un fuerte espíritu emprendedor. La cualificación, la experiencia y sobre todo las [...]
Se solicita barbero con experiencia en la zona de Getafe, se valorará la agenda de clientes. Atiendo WhatsApp también 645783939 [...]
Airbus Defence and Space SAU Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus [...]
¿Quieres incorporarte en un proyecto retador dentro de una una importante empresa en el sector de automoción en Madrid? ¿ tienes experiencia descontaminando vehiculos y en mecanica rápida? Entonce [...]