Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
You will be responsible for evangelizing current and new maintenance services. This will include global enablement of sales and operations teams to ensure we are maximizing our opportunities in the maintenance space. Specifically,
this role will be located in EMEA and help provide direct regional perspective to how the portfolio evolves. The candidate be responsible for becoming the local subject but be expected to work with teams across the globe.
The candidate will report to the Director Services Product Line Manager for the Maintenance business located in Ottawa. The ideal candidate must understand the have high level knowledge of the technologies (Layer 0-3) and products (6500, Routing and Switching, MCP) that Ciena provides as well as an understating our maintenance portfolio
- Handle Day to Day portfolio inquiries & provide RFP assistance
- Develop, track and manage offers through the New Service Introduction Process and work with marketing to define sales enablement and customer awareness plans
- Develop KPI's relative to industry benchmarks. The analysis would include business metrics, portfolio performance, and competitive offer assessment.
- Lead Sales Enablement of portfolio strategy with field team to drive the adoption of targeted offers
- Assist with the offer Innovation process to assess portfolio opportunities, pricing, cost-saving measures, and market inflection points that are critical to the Ciena business.
- Attend product release calls to ensure the assigned Portfolio is represented in new Product releases
- Perform customer requirements capture from our delivery org, sales teams, and other sources and ensure those requirements are integrated into their services roadmap plans.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Administration or Engineering or equivalent years of job-related industry experience
- 5+ years of working in telecommunications
- A sense of urgency and sensitivity to customer timelines.
- Skilled at collaborating with product management, engineering, sales, and customers
- Strategic, critical but creative thinker with strong business sense
- Ability to lead, craft and work within cross-functional team environments
- Understands market trend and can assess the opportunity to build a profitable business around it
- Knowledge of Service provider core network and business models will be required
- Quick to understand customer requirements
- Able to manage time effectively and work under tight deadlines
- Willingness to support to accommodate the time zone differences
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time, once it is safe to do so
- Experience with delivering a service to customers
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, w [...]
Date: 17-Jun-2021 Location: Madrid, European Union, ES Company: British Council The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries throu [...]
Our flexible, diverse, and casual work environment stimulates change and creates a motivating environment with highly efficient people. As part of our team, you will bean integral part of creating an [...]
The Job My client, a market leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification services, has a vacancy for a home-based Product Assessor to join their growing team. This is a great opportunity to devel [...]