Berklee Valencia, Berklee College of Music’s first campus outside the United States, is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and visionary educator and study abroad professional to build our programs as we move into our second decade. Reporting to the Dean of Academic Affairs, the Director for Study Abroad and Special Programs at Berklee Valencia has two primary areas of responsibility: 1) oversee study abroad and special programs; and 2) develop and build new and innovative study abroad and special programs.
Main responsibilities include:
Oversee study abroad programs:
- Work with study abroad staff at the Berklee Boston campus and partner institutions (as needed)
- Recruit students,
including by participating in information sessions, preparing/reviewing communications to students, and answering student questions;
- Provide course and curricular information;
- Help students transition back to their home campus.
- Partner with Boston-based department chairs on
- Curriculum development and offerings;
- Faculty development;
- Communication between the two campuses.
- Supervise Valencia-based faculty
- Oversee undergraduate/special program hiring, in collaboration with the Dean of Academic Affairs and Human Resources;
- Determine teaching assignments;
- Complete annual performance reviews;
- Observe classes;
- Collaborate with the Office of Faculty Development on professional development opportunities;
- Schedule regular faculty meetings and communicate campus news with faculty.
- Course scheduling
- Determine course offerings and faculty teaching assignments;
- Collaborate with Boston-based chairs, as needed;
- Work with Academic Records and Services (Valencia) on scheduling of courses.
- Student Advising
- Participate in and lead orientation sessions;
- Support students during their tenure at Berklee Valencia;
- Advise students on course selection, in collaboration with Academic Advising and Boston-based chairs;
- Collaborate with Student Affairs, Diversity and Inclusion on student life and programming.
- Academic Support
- Connect students with appropriate resources in Valencia and Boston;
- Implement the Accessibility Resources team’s recommendations for student accommodations;
- Collaborate with Boston on tutoring services and oversee Valencia-specific programs, as needed.
- Coordinate Special Programs, including the Summer Performance Program
- Work with Enrollment on recruitment of students;
- Determine curricular offerings, in collaboration with Berklee Valencia Program Directors and the Dean of Academic Affairs;
- Schedule classes and co-curricular programming;
- Work with Student Affairs, Diversity and Inclusion on extracurricular activities and student engagement.
- In collaboration with Berklee Valencia leadership, propose and develop new study abroad programs (semester and/or short term) for Berklee students as well as those from other institutions;
- Propose and develop new special programs, for populations other than undergraduates;
- Develop and oversee partnerships with other institutions in order to diversify the recruitment base for undergraduate and special programs.
We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and visionary leader, who has excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and who is interested in working in a creative environment. Specifically, candidates should meet the following requirements.
- Master’s degree
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, organizational, and networking skills
- Native or near-native English fluency (oral and written)
- Minimum 5-7 years experience working in study abroad
- Knowledge of the U.S. study abroad market
- Teaching experience
- Appreciation and knowledge of music
- Student centered
- Commitment to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level
- Experience observing and/or supervising teachers
- Degree in education, music education, higher education administration, or related field
- Intermediate Spanish skills, or higher
- Experience developing new programs and partnerships
In order to be considered for this position, please submit the following documents:
- A current CV or resume
- A cover letter which addresses your preparation for and interest in the position
- Names and contact information for three professional references. References will not be contacted without informing the candidate first and we reserve the right to request additional references.
Review of applications will begin on June 21, 2021 and will continue until the position has been filled.
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by individuals within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open for applications until filled.
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Job Type: Full-time
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
¿Tienes experiencia como cuidador de mascotas? Seleccionamos profesionales para trabajar en Valencia de Alcántara lo antes posible. Funciones: Preparación de pienso Preparación de agua L [...]
Se busca camarera para bar de polígono en Catarroja no necesaria experiencia, pero si muchas ganas de trabajar , atiendo whatsaap. [...]
Forma parte de un equipo interdisciplinar trabajando como masajista con otros profesionales del sector de salud y bienestar en Valencia. Funciones: Realización de masajes y tratamientos corpora [...]
Buscamos para nuestro cliente, una importante empresa de alimentación situada en la provincia de Valencia, un/a Supply Chain Supervisor con alto nivel de inglés. Serán tres las principales respons [...]