Telefonica CTO-Novum is seeking talented engineers to join our Engineering team. The challenges faced every day in extending and improving the Telefonica user experience require vast knowledge in how to produce highly maintainable and extensible object-oriented code. Our engineers must feel the need to build a product that works fast and flawlessly, be passionate about eliminating any problems as soon as they are discovered, and take pride in doing so.
The CTO-Novum group builds and operates the main application for Telefónica customers worldwide reaching more than 30 million active users. We work to build new and innovative products and to ease the access to all the services that Telefónica offers.
Our mission is to guide our customers along their lifecycle, by being the center of the digital relationship with Telefónica
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- High-quality design of product and infrastructure components for maintainability, robustness and scalability.
- Optimize application performance, with respect to CPU utilization, network traffic, data storage size, response time, and concurrency.
- Writing and maintaining effective automated test suites for delivered components.
- Analyze and eliminate security vulnerabilities, and bottlenecks in system performance.
- Working together with Site Reliability Engineers to deploy components and monitor them.
- Debug issues on the web and mobile websites, based on user reports.
- New features requisites understanding to design a solution to cover them.
- Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineer, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture (preferably Java/Kotlin, other OOO languages are acceptable).
- 3-4+ years experience solving challenging performance problems, preferably related to web applications and distributed architectures based on microservices.
- Experience deploying services and software in a real production enviroments.
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks.
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL) and other approaches to data management, particularly performance aspects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Nice to have:
- Frontend: ES6 (EcmaScript 6), React, Redux, npm, yarn.
- Backend: Java & Kotlin, Retrofit REST client, JAX-RS (Jersey) REST server, Dependency injection systems (Guice), Experience with unit/integration testing (JUnit/Spock)
- Automated build tools: Maven, Docker and Kubernetes
- Tools: Git; metrics and log tools as Graphite, Prometeus, Grafana and Kibana
- 3+ years of experience
LANGUAGES / IDIOMAS
- English (professional competence)
If you join Telefónica
You join almost 100 years of history, you join a team of 106 nationalities present in more tan 35 countries. You join a team that works to connect people wherever they are. We are leading the digital revolution with the enthusiasm of the first day in all our businesses, creating the best digital ecosystem for our clients: network, IoT, cloud, security, innovation etc. Here, at Telefónica you count with everything you need to be the best you. We need people like you that wants to take this challenge of creating the Telefónica of tomorrow.
Telefonica is committed to the new working ways. Under our proposition “Disconnect to Reconnect” we have applied the Digital Disconnection.
We strongly believe diverse and inclusive teams become more innovative and they achieve improved results. Telefonica aims to promote and guarantee a place for everyone, just the way we are: gender, age range, sexual orientation and/or identity, culture, creed, disability or any other personal condition.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Job Description: Who is Broadcom? With roots based in the rich technical heritage of AT&T;/Bell Labs, Lucent and Hewlett-Packard/Agilent, Broadcom focuses on technologies that connect our world. Thr [...]
Topcon Electronics is one of the global market leaders in the development and production of operator consoles for mobile machinery. From our company headquarters in Geisenheim, Rheingau (near Wiesbade [...]
EXFO develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies—and we [...]
Descripción Del Puesto Description Are you a passionate Software Engineer with experience across the stack including Microservices, Event Architectures, Container Platforms and DevOps? Here at [...]