Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives.Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future.For more information about the firm please visit our website at
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Real Estate Development
The Real Estate Development job is responsible for the financial, operational, leasing and construction/redevelopment of the organization's real estate portfolio. Working under minimal supervision, this job will focus on the monitoring and monthly reporting of development, redevelopment and large capital expenditure projects for the portfolio. This job also works closely with and maintains regular communication with internal stakeholders, joint venture partners, consultants, contractors, governmental officials and staff, etc. during real estate development projects.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides oversight support for major development, redevelopment and construction projects within the organization’s real estate portfolio, including overall budgeting, cost control, schedules, construction techniques, value engineering, product quality, risk management, design management, conflict resolution, and management of third parties for the assigned projects.
- Prepares Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, when needed, for various types of construction projects; scopes development, budget and timeline estimates, contractor qualification, and competitive bid solicitation.
- Provides bid analysis, as well as consultant/contractor selection recommendations to Asset Management.
- Observes, documents and reports that the architect’s oversight of contractor and vendor on-site activities are in contractual compliance with design specifications, schedules and workmanship standards.
- Coordinates with Asset Management to identify future large projects, and helps create project scopes and budgets for the Portfolio Management team's approval.
- Provides due diligence support for potential new acquisitions, including the review of third party A&E; reports and the assessment of future capital needs.
- Looks for opportunities to implement Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG), technology and other broader organizational initiatives.
- Maintains familiarity and is conversant with current issues impacting the real estate development and construction business.
- 3 Years Required; 5 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-ba [...]
Guidewire's Customer & Cloud Operations team is a pivotal part of Guidewire's success, has a start-up culture within a global public company, and is growing fast. We use our immense knowledge of Guide [...]
Because you belong at Twilio The Who, What, Why and Where As Manager of the Voice & Video Customer Experience team, you will lead a team responsible for providing an outstanding experience for our c [...]
Market Access Lead - Spain Location: Madrid (Fully remote initially) Duration: Permanent Salary: Competitive Salary and benefits package You will be joining at a key moment as our Client seek [...]