Data, Analytics & Strategy
12 MONTH FTC
We are looking for a talented and creative Data Scientist (12 month FTC) interested in pushing the understanding of in- game monetisation as a part of the Candy Crush Saga team. You will get the opportunity to work with an industry leading and genre defining game with over 100 million active players.
As a Data Scientist in the In- App Purchase area of Candy Crush, you will be working with varied stakeholders in a fun, dynamic and fast- paced environment. You’ll help us to further understand, model, predict, segment and retain our players and be part of a community of 100+ business intelligence & analytics experts.
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB- tests, and work with development teams to create high quality experiment designs
- Proactively develop new analyses, experiments and data- driven tools to better understand our players’ behaviour and the performance of Candy Crush
- Carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis, reports and tools
- Work closely with other Data Scientists across the business to leverage insights from one game across multiple games
- Help evolve the methodology and tools available to King’s data science community
Skills to create thrills
There is plenty of scope at King for you to learn from your colleagues in the areas where you have less experience, and to share your own skills where you are stronger.
Specific factors that are helpful to excel in this role include:
- Business Insight: The ability to understand the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve, and then defining the most appropriate data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases with 300+ million players and familiarity with massive data sets and tools to deal with them (BigQuery/AWS/Hadoop etc)
- Analytical coding: Using tools such as R or Python for analytical purposes
- Stats: Understanding the basics of appropriate statistical techniques and hands- on experience from working with AB- tests.
- Work in the games industry or similarly customer- facing digital businesses
- Experience in behavioural psychology/economics and experimental design is a bonus
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Bargosa, S.A.U. es una empresa dedicada a la importación de frutas y verduras ubicada en Mercabarna. Para nuestras líneas de envasado, necesitamos personal con experiencia en máquinas de Flow-pack, [...]
Empresa dedicada al sector del descanso, precisa incorporar de manera inmediata, administrativa con gran experiencia en introducción de pedidos, gran carga de trabajo, imprescindible indicar las empr [...]
Descripción: HOLA! Desde Grupo Crit estamos seleccionando personas con habilidades comerciales para venta de producto energético (luz/gas/servicios) y con dotes de comunicación para servicios del [...]
“Tras más 20 años ejecutando más de 1500 proyectos y desarrollando soluciones tecnológicas de negocio, Stratesys se ha convertido en una multinacional líder en servicios digitales y una de las [...]