On behalf of Caritas international (Ci), AGIAMONDO is seeking to fill the following position for the local service centre in Bangladesh starting at the earliest possible date:
Liaison and Project Coordinator
Humanitarian Aid (m/f/d), Cox Bazar, Bangladesh
Your new role
The German Caritas Association (Deutsche Caritasverband - DCV) is the charitable organisation of the Catholic Church in Germany. Caritas international (Ci) is the globally active development agency of the German Caritas Association. Every year, Ci provides support for approximately 1,000 aid projects worldwide, regardless of the religion, ethnic identity or nationality of those affected. Caritas Bangladesh (CB)
is the official relief and development organization of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Bangladesh with its headquarters in Dhaka and eight other regional offices. CB primarily works in the area of disaster management and provides social work in 208 sub-districts. As Liaison and Project Coordinator, you will support Caritas Bangladesh's current work in the Rohingya refugee camps. Caritas Bangladesh is equipped with good logistical and organizational skills for effective and efficient aid in the refugee camps, but the current situation necessitates support especially in coordination with the Caritas network and international aid structures. You will advise Caritas Bangladesh's management team in the project and in negotiations with UN organisations and embassies, while also serving as a representative.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- You will support the local Caritas Bangladesh team in Cox Bazar in the planning and coordination of relief efforts with representatives of UN agencies on site (IOM, UNHCR, WHO and WFP).
- You will contribute to planning further relief efforts using funding from the international Caritas network and the German Caritas association.
- You will advise and accompany the creation of a monitoring system and assist the financial management of the projects according to the various requirements of the financing entities.
- You will support the team on site in accompanying foreign visitors from the CI network and create situation reports for CI and the international Caritas network.
- You will take on public relations tasks, be available for interviews and manage TV crews on site as needed.
- You will accompany and support other Caritas Bangladesh humanitarian or social work programmes as needed in the field of disaster prevention as well as inclusion of people with disabilities, with street children or in elderly care.
- You have completed a degree in social, communication or economic science and have acquired several years of professional experience in humanitarian aid - ideally in the area of camp management - and have also gained experience in the coordination of emergency and disaster relief efforts.
- You have applied business knowledge of financial management, accounting and administration.
- You have already successfully carried out training and consulting tasks.
- You are diplomatic and have strong intercultural communication skills, to enable you to deal with a variety of local and international players in a manner based on mutual partnership, and you can act appropriately in a church context.
- Your written and spoken English is excellent. Knowledge of Bengali would be beneficial.
- You identify with the objectives and substance of Caritas international or are actively prepared to familiarise yourself with these and to make them your own.
- You are an EU or Swiss citizen.
What AGIAMONDO offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Two-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching
and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your complete online application in *PDF format (cover letter, Europass CV, references) by no later than 16 May 2021 via the Job market section of our website.
Corona - Information for applicants
Even in the current situation, we are happy to accept your application via the online application portal. We are conducting the selection procedure online. We also offer our preparatory measures as digital solutions.
Currently, several of our development workers are working from home. We will decide whether and when development workers can work on the ground on projects on a case-by-case basis, in a responsible manner and in consultation with our partners.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
FISIOTERAPEUTA A DOMICILIO EN COX: Necesito fisioterapeuta para dar masajes a una señora mayor en cox [...]
Descripción: Nuestro cliente se dedica a alimentación. Buscamos un envasador (H/M) para incorporar en la zona de Cox. Las funciones que tendrá que desarrollar son: - Limpieza de fruta. - E [...]
Ambición profesional y personal. Actitud comercial y aptitud para querer desarrollarse en el mundo de los negocios. Carácter emprendedor con clara vocación comercial. Dotes de organización, [...]
Se solicita una vacante para el puesto de oficial de panadería. requisitos mínimos, 2 años de experiencia como panadero, metiendo pan a mano, no en horno giratorio. enviar currículum por ema [...]