wefox is Europe’s leading insurtech that is reinventing insurance at scale, with a total of $235 million raised in 2019, making it the largest funding round by a European insurtech.
wefox is revolutionising insurance by empowering the customer and delivering solutions for secured data-driven experiences.
The wefox platform is a fully digital marketplace that connects insurance companies with brokers to give customers a simplified and easier customer experience. wefox has 2085 sales agents managing more than 500,000 customers with a premia under management of more than USD$300 million.
The Engineering Team Lead, will lead an engineering team of wefox Group.
As a Engineering Lead you will be crucial to the success of the new venture and will play a key role in setting up best practices, building and scaling the team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Recruit, train and mentor developers that will be part of the team
- Act as the lead for technical design and system architecture, translating strategic direction into high-performing and scalable platform solutions.
- Serve as the focal point for microservices development
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of proper documentation.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships. Alignment with Product to define and execute on a shared roadmap.
- Ensure that business implications and requirements are fully understood, and contribute to the creation of new, innovative use-cases across the solution.
- Lead your team to continuously improve in order to maximize quality and velocity across your products, on time
- Establish SLAs and help implement structures and systems to ensure prompt responses to urgent issues.
- Take an active role in shaping our tech strategy, influencing your team members, peers and stakeholders
- Meet with partners and customers. Be an advocate for the customer’s right to know exactly how disruptive technology is being designed, deployed, and maintained.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience hiring and managing a team of software engineers in a tech company
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as banking or insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Prior experience working with cross-functional teams using agile methodologies, and a strong belief that everything should have a use case.
- Prior experience designing well-formed RESTful APIs for multiple domains, for both internal and public consumption, delivering elegant and scalable distributed systems.
- Prior experience working with no-SQL databases, API gateways, and microservices based system architecture is required.
- Prior experience working with AWS cloud is required.
- Proven ability to organize within a distributed team environment.
- Fluency in English is required; sufficiency in Spanish or German is a plus.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them:
- Private Health Insurance
- Flexible working hours including some days remote option
- 26 working days of vacation + 24th and 31st December.
- Seniority days: one day of extra holiday per employment year starting from the 2nd anniversary in the company (up to 30 days total holidays).
- Discounted fitness memberships
- Up to 50% of your public transport costs reimbursed
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
- Grants for training and coaching
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
About Quipu Quipu is a Barcelona-based tech startup that was founded seven years ago. With a proven product-market fit, we constantly build and improve our SaaS, a business information tool for [...]
From: Bax & Company Location: Barcelona, Spain Open position: Junior Consultant with a focus on Health sector and its crossovers Value from science and technology The company Bax & Compa [...]
Have you ever thought about how unsustainable is our way of consuming energy? Don´t you consider that access to energy should be a right and not a privilege? We are the global specialist in energy ma [...]
- You possess solid computer literacy skills, including the ability to understand and manage Excel data reports and performance metrics to drive business results. - You have excellent written and ve [...]