Instituto de Salud Global de Barcelona (ISGlobal)
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health. ISGlobal provides a hub of excellence dedicated to scientific research and the provision of health care. The institute, which originated in a joint initiative of the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and the University of Barcelona, has amassed over 30 years of experience in the field of global health. The pivotal mechanism of its work model is the transfer of knowledge generated by scientific research to practice, a task undertaken by the Research,
Training and Policy and Global Development departments. Its ultimate goal is to help close the gaps in health disparities between and within different regions of the world.
Barcelona - Campus Clinic
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced, organized and autonomous person to work, teaming with the Project Coordinator, as Scientific Officer to work on the project: “Field validation of Trypanosoma cruzi-LAMP: a molecular point-of-care test for the control of congenital Chagas disease”. The main objective of the project is to evaluate on terrain innovative diagnostics that support improving access to diagnosis. Overall, generating evidences for suggesting new diagnostic algorithms for Chagas disease. Field validation of the technologies under research will take place in maternity hospitals from disease endemic areas of Argentina, Bolivia and Paraguay. Specifically, we are looking for a scientific and technical profile that would be integrated into the daily activities of the project and into the operating structure of the institution. Technical knowledge and experience on health-related projects will be valued.
The two-year project is funded by the Global Health Innovative Technology Fund. ISGlobal is the coordinating institution of a consortium that includes the University of Nagasaki, Fundación Mundo Sano, Fundación CEADES, CEDIC, INGEBI-CONICET and the companies AI Biosciences and EIKEN Chemical.
The project will test whether the use of innovative diagnostics in the shape of rapid diagnostic tests and loop-isothermal amplification assays can substitute currently used methodologies for the diagnosis of chronic and congenital Trypanosoma cruzi infection.
Under the guidance of the Project Coordinator (PC), the candidate will be expected to:
- Support her in the technical reviews of the project by preparing specific reports, ensuring the eligibility of the activities and their good performance under the internal terms and conditions of the funder and the project´s operational standards.
- Contribute to draft and validate project-related documents and working guidelines.
- Assist in the conversations with the partners and daily management of the project together with the PC, the project manager and the coordinator in the field.
- Be the focal communications point with the consortium partners and donors for scientific aspects.
- Ensure compliance and consistency between the internal processes of the Institution and the policies and procedures established by the funder.
- Draft, create or adapt, independently, monitoring documents and templates for reporting and other contractual matters.
- Follow up of the expenses of the project and monitoring of the budget execution for all parties involved in the project.
- Promote prompt corrective actions if there are deviations from the budget and the terms of the financing.
- Prepare accurate technical reports and updates of the project, with the supervision of the PC.
- Coordinate with work teams in the field to ensure scientific management of the project, flagging any emerging issues to the PC in a timely manner for resolution.
- Prepare any information related to technical and scientific matters, with the supervision of the PC.
- Support the PC in the follow-up and completion of the project agreements and scheduled meetings.
- Travel to the sites to supervise, monitor and provide support if needed to any scientific or technical aspect, including preparation of the activities, their execution and reporting.
- Take part in the evaluation of partners’ capacity and propose specific actions and arrangements for a transparent and correct management and implementation (in coordination with the PC).
- Help to coordinate and monitor the procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Assist the PC in the preparation of project reports.
- Take part in the closure procedures of the project.
Training and experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- PhD in Science.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Expert knowledge of scientific management and technical reporting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Solid writing and communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively work both as a team member and independently.
- Scientific leadership and competency.
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a dynamic environment.
- Availability to travel overseas as required.
- Full-time position.
- Fixed-term contract for all project length (about 24 months), starting in April 2021.
- Salary according to the candidate profile and project budget.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
MANTENIMENT finca Ofereixo feina de manteniment de finca a Arenys de Mar. Només per a persona que resideixi a prop i amb coneixements. Un dia o dos a la setmana. Tasques: sega periòdica d’herba, [...]
Se precisa personal en Sant Cugat por horas para limpieza y plancha de lunes a viernes, imprescindible permiso de trabajo vigente y experiencia demostrable. Interesados contactar por whatshap al 62068 [...]
Se buscan chicas para centro de masajes y spa, y citas muy buenas condiciones de trabajo instalaciones limpias , Llamar sin compromiso whatsapp 632995290 [...]
Se precisa oficial para jornada de 20h midad de tarde mitad de mañanas. Que este actualizada en las técnicas y que sepa manicura y pedicura . Y sobre todo con ganas de trabajar! Preferiblemente que [...]