The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health. ISGlobal provides a hub of excellence dedicated to scientific research and the provision of health care. The institute, which originated in a joint initiative of the Hospital ClÃnic de Barcelona and the University of Barcelona, has amassed over 30 years of experience in the field of global health. The pivotal mechanism of its work model is the transfer of knowledge generated by scientific research to practice, a task undertaken by the Research,
Training and Policy and Global Development departments. Its ultimate goal is to help close the gaps in health disparities between and within different regions of the world.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of the project, achievement of the established project objectives, meeting of milestones and deliverables production
- Oversee the budget including identification of gaps and accurate and appropriate allocation and reporting
- Coordinate communication with project partners, donors and external collaborators
- Interact with implementing team in the project countries
- Coordinate and supervise activities with local counterparts as required
- Preparation of supporting documents for different meetings and research conferences
- Provide support to the elaboration of progress reports, work plans and other documents as required by ISGlobal
- Report activities of the EDCTP project grant
- Other project related responsibilities as required
Under the guidance of the Project Director (PD) and in collaboration with the Technical coordinator (TC) the candidate will be expected to:
1. Program Implementation and Monitoring:
- Ensure that all project activities are implemented according to project objectives and timelines
- Work with PD and TC to ensure definition of objectives and the setting of priorities
- Provide technical support and capacity building to partner sites during field visits and through follow-up supervision
- Responsible for setting agenda for team meetings, ensuring follow-up of key actions, and writing reports.
- Delegate specific tasks as appropriate
- Monitor the project progress and ensure timely decision making
2. Coordination and Representation
- Ensure timely reporting internally and to donor
- Serve as the focal point for internal and external communication
- Ensure appropriate dissemination of information needed to carry out the project to donors and external counterparts
- Ensure implementation and follow-up of agreed plans and actions
- Monitor contractual agreements
- Recruitment, training and supervision of new staff (as applicable)
- Organize and maintain copies of all appropriate project documentation
- Preparation and dissemination of meeting agendas, minutes and reports
- Oversee budget management and procurement
- Assist in the monitoring of contracts and budgets
- Identify critical issues, needs and problems in resources / budget
- Assure appropriate and timely allocation of resources necessary to achieve objectives
- Prepare contingency plans/decision trees and reports
What We Are Looking for:
ISGlobal is seeking an experienced Project Manager who is interested in taking over and managing activities of the project aMultiple doses of IPTi Proposal: a Lifesaving High Yield Interventiona (MULTIPLY).
The MULTIPLY project goal is to improve child survival by decreasing malaria and anaemia burden, as well as vaccine preventable diseases. Inequities in access will be addressed by delivering the intervention -Intermittent Preventive Treatment for malaria in infants (IPTi)-, through the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) including mobile-outreach clinics to facilitate access of hard-to-reach populations facing socio-economic and/or geographic barriers.
The ISGlobal-led consortium includes ISGlobal, as lead research and responsible to EDCTP for the implementation of the Project. The consortium will work closely with the Ministries of Health in Mozambique, Sierra Leone and Togo, the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that all project outputs are met.
The MULTIPLY consortium comprises the following institutions:
- Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal), Spain
- Centro de InvestigaÃ§Ã£o em SaÃºde da ManhiÃ§a (CISM)/FundaÃ§Ã£o ManhiÃ§a (FM), Mozambique
- Institut de Recherche pour le DÃ(C)veloppement (IRD), France
- University of LomÃ(C), Togo
- Medicines for Malaria Venture (MVV), Switzerland
The 40-month MULTIPLY project, funded by the European Development for Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) and coordinated by ISGlobal, the Barcelona Institute for Global Health, is a large-scale implementation development cooperation project, which includes public and private European and African institutions aiming at maximising the delivery and uptake of Intermittent Preventive Treatment for malaria in infants (IPTi) delivered through the Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI), to achieve full potential and effectiveness of this intervention. Research partners from Mozambique, Sierra Leone and Togo in selected country districts will conduct implementation of IPTi at health facilities and EPI mobile-outreach clinics using a paediatric dispersible formulation of SP, alongside routine vaccinations and vitamin A supplementation. Children will receive up to a maximum of 6 doses of IPTi in the first two years of life.
Through this implementation, capacity will be built and fundamental programmatic issues to achieving effectiveness will be assessed, including:
- IPTi operational feasibility and acceptability;
- impact on health services integration, on EPI immunizations and vitamin A administration coverage;
- the cost and cost-effectiveness of IPTi delivery including through the outreach EPI platform;
- the impact on malaria incidence, anaemia, overall mortality, SP resistance development and the safety of the intervention.
The integration of IPTi with EPI contacts, together with social and behaviour change communication campaigns to inform communities of the importance of EPI, and the malaria protection afforded by IPTi delivered at the EPI, could lead to an increased demand for EPI.
MULTIPLY will apply a community-based approach that fosters partnership and strengthens the dynamic link between communities and health facilities, especially for the most vulnerable people. A learning-driven approach will be employed throughout the project to generate sufficient evidence to inform WHO policy recommendations and future actions in each country, in an effort to expand the intervention over the long-term.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook software or equivalent
- Ability to effectively work both as a team member and independently
- Excellent management, project planning, and organizational skills
- Experience working international environments is preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- To have a genuine interest in biomedical research of infectious diseases, capacity building and global development
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Empresa con gran experiencia en el sector inmobiliario, precisa secretaria administrativa para jornada completa. Se requiere nociones básicas de informática. Interesados enviar currículum vitae con [...]
- Experiencia demostrable mínimo de 2 años en puesto similar. (se hará prueba en la empresa). - Soldador de estructuras metálicas. - Experiencia en soldadura de hilo continuo. - Buscam [...]
Estamos seleccionando personal para incorporacion inmediata sueldo fijo mas variable alta ss [...]
Who we are? GTD is a high-tech company, committed to the design, integration and operation of complex, mission-critical applications and systems throughout the world. We carry out turnkey projects f [...]