At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don't just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it's hard work inventing the future of sport, and that's why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
Director Platform Engineering
(Big Data Platform)
As part of the Platform Engineering team we design, build, and operate best-in-class platforms for application engineering and analytics teams to leverage. The main goal of the central Platform Engineering team is to unlock the potential of the application teams, so they spend more time focusing on business functionality, increasing velocity and reducing time to market. Moreover, the enterprise can better scale across its applications with similar platforms and shared microservices, making it easier to staff engineer assignments, as well as access enterprise information.
Inside the Big Data Platform team, which is part of Platform Engineering, we are looking for an experienced Director of Platform Engineering with a focus on data and analytics to join our team of engineers in Zaragoza. As a lead of our team, you will use your experience as a software- and data engineer to improve different platforms, serving millions of users constantly. The role also includes building, operating, and improving commonly required capabilities to create and run applications in a modern way. A very important aspect is consulting business IT teams about the usage of these platform(s) and services to let them focus on delivering value at high speed.
Are you ready to live a once in a lifetime experience?
a¢ Drives key initiatives like the Data Mesh and the evolution of the Big Data Platform
a¢ Creates a motivational and supportive work environment in which chapter members are coached, trained, mentored and provided with career opportunities through development.Â
a¢ Manages and leads effectively the chapter by implementation of people planning, recruitment, selection, assessment, upskilling, and transitioning of people.Â
a¢ Continuously monitors and evaluates workload and chapter efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and feedbacks and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.Â
a¢ Develops and maintains a detailed knowledge of capability improvement approaches and techniques for the chapter and beyond.Â
a¢ Contributes effectively to identifying new areas of capability improvement within the chapter which may be enhancements to skills, technology or processes.
a¢ Engage with key stakeholders (Tech Enablement, vendors, business, marketsa¦).
a¢ Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development.Â
a¢ Adopts and adapts appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
What we are looking for:
1. Chapter- and platform lead to consolidate and grow the engineering family in our adidas Tech Hub and contribute to shape our digital strategy and practices.
2. At least 10 years of IT experience. 5 years of experience in agile team management including remote teams.
3. College or university degree with focus on IT or equivalent combination of education and experience.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Fluent in English.
5. Experience in creating IT strategies, building software, optimizing processesa¦
6. Strong understanding of data analytics practices and tooling
7. Familiar with CI/CD concepts, Test Management tools Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and AWS would also be a plus.Â
8. International Experience - ideally working abroad and mobile in leadership roles.Â
9. Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably when confronted with risk and uncertainty.
10. Problem solving skills and hands-on attitude.
11. Motivation to never stop learning in the digital IT space.
Main technologies we use:
a¢ Agile methodologies: Scrum/Kanban
a¢ Languages: Python, R, Scala
a¢ Streaming: Kafka
a¢ Big Data: Spark, Hive, Hadoop, AWS EMR
a¢ Analytics: Jupyter, AWS SageMaker, ML libraries
a¢ Container Knowledge: Kubernetes, Docker
a¢ Database: SQL, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Oracle
a¢ CI/CD: Jenkins
What we offer:
a¢ You will be part of a company where digital transformation, innovation and continuous improvement are core principles of our culture.
a¢ You will be part of the growing adidas Tech Community, leading, driving and coordinating the IT strategy for a core strategic area of our business.
a¢ You will be part of a highly engaged, multinational with international career opportunities.
a¢ Individual development, training and a tech community.
a¢ Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility
a¢ Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas & Reebok products
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.
If you are looking for growing professionally within adidas, we are happy to receive your application.
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athleteas mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture a the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
- CONFIDENCE Â allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we donat have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning a it helps us improve.
- COLLABORATION .Â Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each otheras abilities and talents.
- Being the best sports company in the world takesÂ CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessorsa training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Trabajo para un psicólogo con compromiso y con cierta experiencia en el buen trato a clientes. Es esencial saber cómo hacer un seguimiento del servicio de inicio a fin, empezando por el contacto dir [...]
DEPENDIENTE/A DE FRUTERÍA Datos: Datos Adicionales: DESCRIPCIÓN: Jornada parcial de 20 horas semanales en horario de mañana y tarde de lunes a viernes y sábados en horario de mañana. El h [...]
Desde Ananda ETT, empresa a nivel nacional dedicada a la gestión de los Recursos Humanos, seleccionamos para apertura de tienda dedicada a los recambios de automóvil y, ubicada en Tarazona, un/a rep [...]
Peon especialista u oficial de metal o electricidad. Se valoran conocimientos en soldadura y automatismos. Jornada partida de lunes a viernes. Contrato temporal con posible indefinido. Duración d [...]