Ratings Analyst or Research Assistant Global Infrastructure Finance,
Grade 8 or 9 (for internal purposes)
Location: Madrid, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan
S&P; Global Ratings is seeking an individual to join its Global Infrastructure Finance team based in Madrid, Paris, Frankfurt or Milan as a Research Assistant or Rating Analyst. This is a key role supporting our infrastructure analysts and will give the successful candidate the opportunity to embrace a fast learning analytical job in an international working environment.
The job entails performing and overseeing ad hoc and ongoing database and research projects and external data requests.
You will assist analysts in updating reports and preparing for meetings or internal committees and have the opportunity to collaborate with other professionals in our various international offices
You will gain an understanding of S&P; Global rating methodology, policies and procedures as well as knowledge of qualitative aspects of Infrastructure Ratings analysis. The successful candidate will be supported with on the job and formal training, which includes two levels of internal certification per discipline.
This is an exciting role for someone willing to contribute to the development of the company. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with strong analytical capabilities and the ability to work as part of an international team.
This is a great opportunity for a university graduate , with some level of work experience gained in an audit firm, bank, or consultancy or for an individual professional with about 3 years of experience in credit analysis .
The Team : EMEA Utilities Team, headed by Beatrice de Taisne, comprises 16 analysts across several offices in Europe, working in a stimulating international environment in a culture, which is collegiate and meritocratic.
The Career Opportunity : This is a fantastic opportunity to join the market leading ratings franchise in a practice of pivotal strategic importance to the group at a time where Global Infrastructure investments are on the rise and when energy transition and ESG considerations are transforming the Utilities sector.
The Business : As the world's largest resource for data and research, our mission is to bring independent, transparent and consistent credit analysis to the global investment community.
The role :
- Perform credit analysis demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings, through the application of the relevant S&P; Global Ratings criteria.
- Prepare the rating committee documentation, present findings and opinions to a credit rating committee.
- Support the team research and outreach
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P; Global Ratings credit portal and other media (such as rating trends reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
- Support the team in its day to day activities, notably data gathering activities.
- Share specific analytical expertise, any useful know how, and ideas to improve group operations.
- Maintain integrity of analytical or compliance related databases as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- A university graduate, with some level of work experience gained in an audit firm, bank or 3 years of demonstrable experience with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution or an audit company, or rating agency, working in the field of bank credit analysis.
- Good knowledge of Utilities would be a plus.
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Be numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Be proficient at working with financial models.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential. Fluency in other European languages is important, especially Spanish or Italian.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master’s degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
- Be willing to travel (when it’s allowed again…).
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
- Possess solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand learn and to make a contribution.
About S&P; Global
At S&P; Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P; Global Ratings, S&P; Global Market Intelligence, S&P; Dow Jones Indices and S&P; Global Platts.
S&P; Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P; Global Ratings is a division of S&P; Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
La División de Telecomunicaciones de Eurocontrol busca un Recurso Preventivo en la zona de la provincia, cuyas funciones a desarrollar son: - Asistencia como recurso preventivo en representación [...]
Buscamos candidatas para trabajar en el mundo de la belleza e imagen como representantes visitando salones para dar información. No se requiere experiencia previa en el sector. Formación onlin [...]
Buscamos con urgencia 4 oficiales de montaje de vionilos en cualquier superficie, sobre todo en vehículos. incorporación inmediata, experiencia demostrable. antes de contactar, enviar cv antes a [...]
Se ofrece una gran oportunidad de negocio. Quieres ser tu propio jefe/a? Define tu ritmo de trabajo, tu horario y tu salario. Si estás [email protected] de trabajar para [email protected] y saber que en el empleo [...]