Director, Strategic Development - Rare, Orphan & Paediatric Diseases
Office-based or Remote
The Director, Strategic Development of Rare, Orphan & Paediatric is responsible for contributing to business development activities, providing operational and strategic leadership and executive oversight ensuring client delivery. This position can be based in Morrisville, NC, Carlsbad, CA or Remote, Anywhere US.
Business Development activities include;
- Work with the business development team to expand the pipeline of business through new and existing client relationships.
- Attend client meetings to conduct capabilities presentations and assess client objectives.
- Review and provide strategic input to client proposals and budgets, and attend bid defense meetings.
- Attend business development, outsourcing and operational and meetings.
Strategic Leadership activities include;
- Drives program strategy to meet client and operational objectives by leveraging past experiences and knowledge of the therapeutic area.
- Identify appropriate internal and/or external advisers on specific therapeutic area and integrate their considerations in the development of a customized project strategy; provide related internal training of staff on strategy.
- Maintain scientific, competitive, and strategic intelligence.
Executive Oversight activities include;
- Provide executive oversight by interacting with the client and the delivery teams to ensure project deliverables and client satisfaction; may include formal project team Advisory role and/or relationship governance with select clients.
- Liaise with PM leadership and the project managers to understand project risks and mitigation plans, set KPI’s, and provide on-going project reviews to assess project performance over the life of the project.
- Perform project profitability analysis in conjunction with the finance organization.
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
- Life science/medical master’s or doctorate degree or equivalent, preferably with a post-graduate qualification in sciences or business management.
- Minimum of 10 years’ project management and operational experience preferably in a CRO environment
- 4+ years of effectively contributing to business development at both tactical and strategic levels.
Skills & Experience:
- CRO Experience required
- Strong understanding of the clinical trial process (phase I - IV).
- Financial processes and profit/loss statements.
- Understanding of GCPs, ICH guidelines, FDA and other applicable country regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong verbal and writing skills; English + local language, if relevant.
- This position requires the ability to travel 50%.
What We Have to Offer
Our team-oriented organization is collaborative and diverse; our work is interesting and challenging; and every individual has an opportunity to thrive, grow, and achieve success in his or her position. We are proud of our reputation in the industry for quality services and specialized teams dedicated to meeting or exceeding client expectations
Who We Are
Synteract is a full-service contract research organization with a successful two-decade track record supporting biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies in all phases of clinical development. With our “Shared Work – Shared Vision” philosophy we provide customized Phase I through IV services collaboratively and cost effectively ensuring on-time delivery of quality data so clients get to decision points faster. Operating in 15 countries, we deliver trials internationally, offering expertise across multiple therapeutic areas including notable depth in oncology, CNS, infectious disease, endocrinology, cardiovascular and respiratory, among other indications.
Our mission is to support the innovation and development of better therapies in healthcare. Our focus on patients’ safety and comfort helps us to establish ethical standards for everything we do.
Synteract’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for positions with Synteract must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Desde IMAN Temporing, empresa especializada en RRHH, queremos acompañarte en tu trayectoria laboral. #Conectamoseltalentoconlasoportunidades . ¡Conócenos más en www.imancorp.es! . Desde Iman [...]
Empresa de SaaS, ubicada en Barcelona, busca incorporar un/a SEM Manager a su equipo. Serás responsable de diseñar, ejecutar y optimizar campañas de Google Adwords, monitorizando a los competidores [...]
Desde IMAN Temporing, empresa especializada en RRHH, queremos acompañarte en tu trayectoria laboral. #Conectamoseltalentoconlasopartunidades. . ¡Conócenos más en www.imancorp.es! . Desde nue [...]
Job Description Summary Job Description Role Summary/Purpose As a member of the Haliade-X Power conversion team, the successful candidate will be an active contributor supporting GE Renewable busin [...]