Software Quality Assurance Engineer
About Lightsource Labs
Lightsource bp is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. We are a 50:50 joint venture with bp with a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape.
By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
Lightsource Labs is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the global solar company Lightsource BP. Lightsource Labs combines world-class technology development expertise with Lightsource BP’s years of renewable energy experience, in order to develop innovative solutions for its partners around the world.
The organisation was founded in 2016 with a mission to help accelerate the digitalisation and decarbonisation of the energy ecosystem by delivering pioneering Internet of Energy technologies to homeowners and businesses. Today, Lightsource Labs employs an international team of highly-skilled engineers, developers, commercial and operational leads, who continue to advance the goal of scaling smart digital energy solutions globally.
What You’ll do
Lightsource Labs is seeking a driven Software Quality Assurance Engineer to help establish the company as a key player in the smart energy management sector by helping launch its innovative Internet of Energy technologies across the world. The role will involve working closely with the Innovation and Research Director and Head of Software to lead the quality assurance and performance testing of its digital energy management software.
This role provides an opportunity to work in one of the most exciting areas of the energy industry, which brings together the smart grid, clean-tech and the connected home. You will be working in a tight-knit team with the resource and ambition to scale the company ten-fold over the next few years. You will be given significant responsibility from the outset and have the opportunity to grow with the business and take on new challenges in future.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To validate the various layers which constitute LS Labs technology stack by implementing necessary tools and processes for comprehensive automated testing. The objective will be to shorten the feature release cycle inline with industry standards and end-user expectations.
- Ownership and Management of automated testing toolsets and pipelines
- Collaborate with the Development Team to ensure high quality of the products
- Updating QA practices across key departments
- Designing test cases, both automated and manual for expected feature behaviour
- Maintain reporting infrastructure for testing results.
- Implementing new testing methods to adopt the processes to the latest standards.
Who we’re looking for
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience using Robot Framework or equivalent testing framework
- Front-end/app testing frameworks like Selenium/Appium
- Practical knowledge of TDD/BDD principles.
- Very good knowledge of APIs (RESTful and Websockets) and testing tools like Postman
- Usage of test orchestration and reporting tools (Xray, Allure)
- Comfortable working with Linux environment.
- Practical experience in networking: IP routing and WiFi, ideally serial/IoT protocols
- Basic VM/Docker knowledge
- Good understanding of IoT technologies
- CI/CD experience (Git, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Cloud Computing (AWS EC2, AWS Lambda)
- Knowledge of either digital energy (EV cars, solar, grid) or/and embedded computing (Raspberry Pi/Arduino) is desirable.
- Educated to degree level; preferably within a technical or STEM field of study.
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
- Have a passion for keeping users happy by delivering quality software with a great user experience
- Be as capable searching for issues in fine details as you are at being strategic and big picture
- Stay up to date on the latest testing technology trends, and be able to evaluate which of them could work well for us
- Have a ‘test to break’ mindset, able to think of testing scenarios that other people will probably miss
- Be process oriented yet flexible, have excellent communication skills and enjoy working for a small business in a fast-paced, quick to adapt environment
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow; a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension and other local benefits.
Beyond your day-to-day working life at Lightsource bp, there’s a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar honey project or our sustainability initiatives.
Our Core Values
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability and Drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Business Administration or related. - Minimum experience of 5 years in online marketing related positions. - Proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales rev [...]
DESCRIPCIÓN DEL TRABAJO NECESITAMOS INCORPORAR UN CONSULTOR DE BI CON EXPERIENCIA COMPROBADA DE MAS DE 2 AÑOS EN MICROSTRATEGY. CALIFICACIONES EXPERIENCIA COMPROBADA DE MAS DE 2 AÑOS EN MICROSTR [...]
Hola! Estoy buscando una cuidadora para recoger a la niña en el colegio a las 16:00 horas todos los días y traerla a casa y jugar/cuidar/deberes toda la tarde. Horario de 16:00 a 20 horas de lunes a [...]
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent - MBA - 10+ years experience with building software products - Proficiency in working with high performing, empowered product teams - P [...]