Our Barcelona based Platform Services tribe is a key area for Adevinta; their mission is to provide security services, tools for engineering productivity and a common platform that all of our marketplaces can migrate their infrastructure to; creating opportunities for economies of scale and enabling the marketplaces to focus their engineering time on delivering their core product.
Within Platform Services the CPR operate managed multi-tenant Kubernetes clusters running thousands of containers for teams across Adevinta. The team supports hundreds of services and instances for millions of consumers and over 1000 developers.
At all times the team are just a git clone away from real code and are active contributors to public OSS projects.
- Be part of a team developing a state of the art scalable platform as a service solution for all of our marketplaces; using Kubernetes, Docker and Microservices
- Monitor and automate the operations and production of large-scale distributed systems
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines, supporting features like automated promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue-green deployments
- Advise the business as to which technology stacks /cloud /big data tools to use and build self service solutions for Adevinta's engineers
- Inform the engineering organisation's decision making process around design/reliability trade-offs and implement systems that fail over gracefully and transparently to clients
- Install, configure, fine-tune and optimise technology solutions
- A BSc (or equivalent) degree in computer science
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, DigitalOcean)
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Strong UNIX background
- The ability to write scripts to diagnose problems (Perl, Python or similar)
- Proven ability and experience developing computer programs (Golang, Java, Python, Ruby or similar)
- Experience in building systems that scale
- Experience with modern deployment tools like Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef
What we have to offer
- A fantastic role building global, highly-visible, data-informed tools and products that are used daily by our 1000+ engineering community
- The chance to be part of self-organising teams that build and run their software with full ownership and collectively make architecture design decisions
- A "Y shaped" career path that can play to your strengths. If you see yourself as a manager or staying as a technical specialist there is always a route to progress in Adevinta
- Competitive compensation package
- Great colleagues and an international working environment
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If any of the above ticks your boxes, then why not Apply Now to find out more
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Permanent Temps Plein Amoureux(se) de Barcelone et à la recherche d'un travail au sein d'une marque de mode mondialement reconnue ? Voilà l'occasion parfaite pour toi ! #nousrecrutons Représent [...]
Permanent Temps Plein Concrétise tes rêves et trouve un job à l'étranger dès aujourd'hui ! Recherches-tu un poste dans le numérique qui te permettra de vivre sous le soleil de Barcelone ? C'est [...]
We are currently seeking to hire an experienced Recruitment Consultant for the Swiss IT market, under Page Personnel brand, for our Resourcing Center based in Barcelona. This is an exciting opport [...]
If you are in love with Barcelona and you are an eager for success, this is exactly the right opportunity for you #wearehiring We offer you an exciting job where the action is: join a team of adventur [...]