About The Role
The Metadata Management team is responsible for tagging and extracting data from Data Strategy content to aid external and internal clients in their content retrieval and use.
The Autocoding Specialist is responsible for the accurate application of Dow Jones Intelligent Identifiers (DJID) to publications through the expert management of Dow Jones Factiva’s auto-categorization systems. These systems use a hybrid approach that leverages Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to perform deep linguistic analysis and make sense of huge amounts of unstructured data. As part of the Metadata Management team,
you will also work on various extraction projects using Text Analytics tools to extract 'facts' or 'events' from Factiva and Dow Jones content.
You will be part of the Metadata Management team reporting the Manager, Autocoding, based in Barcelona.
- Research, produce and maintain expert search statements for rules-based coding application, ensuring tags applied accurate reflect the concepts covered in the articles.
- Research, produce and maintain expert rules for data extraction using third-party Text Analytics tools.
- Develop and maintain document training sets for linguistics-based categorization tools.
- Perform coding quality monitoring of publications and score documents for precision and recall.
- Refining categorization rules to ensure the highest levels of precision and recall.
- Undertake research and analysis to improve the overall enrichment of Factiva content.
- Perform special ad-hoc projects as needed to support the needs of the business.
Skills & Experience
- Fluency in Arabic and English languages and deep understanding of the nuances of these languages.
- Library science, linguistics, research or journalism background.
- College degree or related work experience.
- Knowledge of and interest in current affairs.
- Solid research and analytical skills.
- Experience with Boolean search logic, taxonomies and classification systems is an advantage.
- Ability to apply automation skills such as basic Python and/or SQL to manage solutions and data efficiently is an advantage.
- Reliable and responsible team member open to different views and opinions and appreciates team diversity.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at [email protected] Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 22843
Show moreShow less
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Importante grupo empresarial requiere incorporar un/a Responsable para su filial especializada en servicios energéticos, ingeniería de proyectos EPC y mantenimiento e instalaciones de AT. El/la [...]
The Corporate Business Development Analyst will be responsible of the various evaluations of business opportunities either to in-license or to out-license products and propose best deals structures as [...]
If you are an effective communicator, driven and passionate team player and result driven sales person, we have the perfect job for you! we are searching for Outbound Sales Representatives to join [...]
Se ofrece actividad independiente para dedicación flexible en tiempo parcial o completo, compatible con cualquier otra actividad académica o profesional. posibilidad de trabajar 100% desde casa [...]