Located in the greater Barcelona metropolitan area, The American School of
Barcelona is a private, non-profit, coeducational day school serving
students from 3-18 years old. ASB offers a balanced approach to learning in
an international environment for over 900 students.
ASB believes that students learn to their potential when they are inspired.
With rich content and an emphasis on student-driven projects, students are
empowered and encouraged to be active and engaged learners. Our teachers
provide an education that is both challenging and supportive. They work to
ensure that students become active and curious learners ? and are both
local and global citizens fully prepared for future endeavors and
ASB?s faculty embodies the values of continuously improving through
innovation, creating responsible global citizens, and developing
independent and critical thinking students while providing a caring
environment that gives students the self-confidence to maximize their
potential within a context of diversity. With this in mind, ASB is
committed to the professional development of its faculty and offers
educators a rich professional experience for continuous growth and
improvement. As a teacher at ASB, you will be an active learner, constantly
searching for ways to improve their practice.
ASB seeks an inspiring ES teacher who teaches and facilitates learning and
maintains academic progress, discipline, and records for students. The
candidate is able to work with parents and students to provide and
implement classroom education to meet the needs of all students and is
Expected To Fulfil The Following Job Duties
- To create a flexible program and a class environment favorable to
learning and personal growth
- Motivate students to develop the skills, attitudes and knowledge
needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade
education in accordance with each student?s ability
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials, as well as a
variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion,
lecture, discovery, etc.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behaviour needed to
achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit their
input and share student social and academic progress
- Evaluate students? academic and social growth, keep appropriate
records, and prepare report cards
- Identify student needs and cooperate with other professional staff
members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and
School-Wide Qualifications And Attributes
ASB seeks a dynamic teacher who inspires students to learn and who works
collaboratively with colleagues in various curricular areas and divisions.
Candidates must have a strong knowledge of the Workshop Model for Reading
and Writing Units of Study. Candidates should be passionate about teaching
and should be committed to collaborating with colleagues.
- Valid teaching credentials and masters degree in pertinent subject
- Five years of recent work experience at the grade level(s) and in the
subject area(s) of the position.
- Familiarity with recent North American teaching materials and
methodologies including the Workshop Model for Reading and Writing
Units of Study.
- Experience with data-driven assessment tools that facilitate
- Evidence of recent professional development activities.
- Experience working in an internationally and linguistically diverse
- Effective oral and written communication within a school community.
- Ability to integrate instructional technology into the curriculum.
- Experience and commitment to sponsoring co-curricular and
- Familiarity and experience with the Spanish language at the
beginner/intermediate level is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to
communicate effectively and respectfully with all constituents.
Excellent Verbal And Written Communication Skills Are Required.
- Collaborates well with colleagues of diverse backgrounds on
pedagogical approaches, curricular alignment and instructional
- Encourages collaborative teamwork in the classroom, teaching students
to communicate effectively and thoughtfully, justify their reasoning
and to consider multiple perspectives when solving problems.
- Demonstrated professional behaviour, including discretion, judgment
- Effectively interacts with a diverse population of students and
All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check as well
as a sexual offenders clearance for all other countries where the candidate
has lived or worked for a period of 3 months or more, over the last 5
years. As well as that, the verification process includes the cross-check
of the requested references, which must cover the last five years of work.
Benefits and Conditions
- Full time schedule Monday through Friday, 9:00 - 16:00; optative
meetings Wednesdays 16:00 - 17:30 compensated additionally
- ASB base teacher salary
- Free three-course lunch on school and teacher work days
- Professional development allowance and opportunities
- Overseas hires will receive a relocation allowance, housing search
assistance, and a transportation allowance from home of record
- Starting date: August 2020
RECRUITING PRINCIPLES: ASB is committed to safeguarding and promoting the
welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and
other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice
and pre-employment background checks, to the maximum extent permitted by
law, will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
ASB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin in the
administration of its recruiting and educational policies.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and
to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised
to give instructions or assignments. The requirements listed in this
document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This
document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise,
other than an ?at will? relationship.
Show moreShow less
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Importante empresa precisa incorpora a manipulador/a de piezas de automoción.. Creación de cajas de gran tamaño para el almacenamiento de las piezas de automoción. Embalar piezas de gran tamañ [...]
Datos Localidad de Ubicación del Puesto: BARCELONA(BARCELONA) Duración del contrato: 0000 días Datos adicionales PRECISAMOS INCORPORAR 2 MECÁNICOS AJUSTADORES DE MAQUINARIA PARA EL SECTOR [...]
Desde Catalunyampleo Granollers, seleccionamos para empresa situada en Les Franqueses del vallés, un/a operario/a quimico/a.. La persona seleccionada será la encargada de realizar las siguientes fun [...]
consultoría, Assessoria, Recursos Humans, Selecció de personal, Gabinet de Psicologia i Formació. Reconeguda GESTORIA de Manresa precisa incorporar un/ a Tècnic/a Laboral que, en dependència de [...]