Amazon Spain Services, S.L.
- More than 10 years of experience of leading projects in Financial Services
- More than 50% of last 3 years spent as a Technical Project Manager
- Ability to demonstrate successful leadership delivery of significant transformation projects and programmes at major banks and insurance companies
- Software delivery knowledge, skills and experience utilizing Agile methodologies
- Infrastructure delivery knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of leading teams with a mix of technical and operational roles
- Experience of leading teams of more than 20 people with project budgets over $1.5M
- One or more active project management certification with an emphasis on Agile: APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2, SAFe (Scaled Agile)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in English, plus local national language if different from English
- Ability to travel to client locations across EMEA and worldwide to deliver professional services as needed
Are you an experienced senior project manager or programme manager with a background in financial services consulting and/or technical delivery leadership within a bank or insurance company? We are looking for established leaders with business building skills, technical fluency and strong Agile delivery credentials, with 10+ years’ experience of leading large teams with multiple sub-projects with technical and non-technical professionals. Public cloud certifications and delivery experience are desirable but not mandatory.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring a Global Engagement Management Leader to build and lead teams of consultants that deliver our most complex projects.
AWS Professional Services, Global Financial Services (GFS) engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across the world’s largest global banks, insurance companies, capital markets and financial services software vendors. These professional services engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of engagements with global delivery teams for EMEA customers. You will expedite stakeholder alignment, team cohesion and risk mitigation while ensuring feedback loops close the engagement lifecycle. You will assist in training internal teams in agile development/framework best practices, utilize the framework to accelerate both innovation and migration scenarios with customers and be a strategic business partner.
ESTABLISHED TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP
- As a Senior Consultant you will lead complex projects with autonomy and discretion, often involving multiple Amazon and customer teams.
- You will work with customers and partners, leading them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex transformation initiatives, while collaborating with relevant Sales and Service Teams. You will design and deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations. You will create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms. You will guide customers’ technical architecture and investments, maximizing alignment with the AWS platform, and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
- You will help customers define target business outcomes and related work streams, and lead the subsequent projects and initiatives to consistently exceed these goals.
- As an Amazonian leader you will embrace and apply the Amazon Leadership Principles, proactively engaging other teams to learn and share, and participating actively in the recruitment and onboarding of future team members.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ABILITIES
- Lead teams of AWS delivery consultants who will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects with our most strategic customers
- Teach customers, partners and internal teams on our agile delivery framework and continue to develop and iterate on the current methodology
- Conduct partner enablement briefings and training to further scale adoption of the delivery framework
- Drive a consistent project/engagement experience for our customers through our Engagement Manager community
- Work as a strategic business partner to help customers achieve their business outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle
- Deliver and manage multi-stream technical engagements with partners and customers. Create and deliver executive level and detailed status reports that properly communicates a project’s progress and financials tailored to the audience. The Engagement Manager is responsible for managing customer expectations, managing AWS delivery consultants, and managing the scope and budget of each individual project.
- Guardianship of project delivery quality (Delivery Quality Bar raisers), providing oversight of engagements, leading scope definition and statement of work development with customers
- Defining and implementing simple and agile processes to enable consistent high quality delivery with excellent customer experience, and performing regular quality reviews with our customers
- Owns the customer satisfaction results, feedback, corrective actions and distributes learnings in a way that continually increased customer satisfaction
- Documents and uses completed projects, inclusive lessons learned, to communicate and educate to the entire sales force of the EMEA-Wide ProServe capability
- Ability to demonstrate successful leadership of multiple and significant public cloud initiatives to establish public cloud foundations, Proof-of-concepts, Internet-facing public cloud applications, application migrations from on-premise to public cloud, call centre rollouts, grid computing, data analytics or machine learning at major banks and insurance companies
- AWS certifications: Cloud Practitioner and Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer Associate exams
- Enterprise Architecture certifications such as TOGAF, ITIL or COBIT
- Experience or managing projects across different geographies
- Experience of entrepreneurial activity; building start-ups and generating new business ideas
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
This role has a strategic relevance and a significant financial impact supporting RHG’s business operations and strategies. The primary purposes of the Application Operations Manager role are: [...]
This role has a strategic relevance and a significant financial impact supporting RHG?s business operations and strategies. The primary purposes of the Application Operations Manager role are: To ensu [...]
Interim Senior Chief Accountant Finance Share Service Madrid Temporal Publicado 15/09/ Enviar Bullet points Global multinational leader in its sector We offer a 4 month project - the possibili [...]
On a mission to double in size over the next five years, Small World Financial Services offers the unique opportunity to be part of a truly global and multicultural team! The primary purpose of the C [...]