The C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, now in its 15th year, connects 96 of the world’s greatest cities which have committed to tackling climate change. We bring mayors from around the world together to learn from each other in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and creating resilient, sustainable and low carbon cities. C40 cities represent more than 700 million urban citizens and their economies account for 25% of the global GDP. C40’s ‘Deadline 2020’ report sets out the critical role that the world’s major cities have to play in delivering the historic Paris Agreement to prevent catastrophic climate change.
C40’s team of 200+ staff is headquartered in New York, with offices in London, Rio de Janeiro,
Copenhagen, Beijing and Paris, and individual staff based across 25+ different locations, with the Office of the Chair based in Los Angeles.
The strategic direction of the organization is determined by an elected Steering Committee of C40 mayors which is chaired by the Mayor of Los Angeles, Eric Garcetti. Three-term Mayor of New York City Michael R. Bloomberg serves as President of the C40 Board of Directors, which is responsible for operational oversight. An eight-person management team, led by Executive Director, Mark Watts, leads the day-to-day management of C40. C40’s three core strategic funders are Bloomberg Philanthropies, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) and Realdania.
At C40, we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore encourage a diverse pool of applicants and welcome applications from all sections of the community and would like to request you to complete the recruitment and diversity questionnaire, to help us monitor our recruitment and selection procedures. For how C40 handles your personal information, please review our Privacy Notice – Recruitment.
Inclusive Climate Action Programme
The Inclusive Climate Action (ICA) Programme was established at the behest of a group of C40 mayors for C40’s business plan 2017-2020. The programme focuses on supporting mayors and cities to ensure local climate policies and initiatives are designed in an inclusive way and have equitable impacts, as a way to make the case for bold climate action and maximize its benefits across urban populations. The programme aims at delivering leadership and advocacy support, technical and strategic assistance, training and peer-to-peer exchange on assessing and understanding the wider benefits of climate action; increasing capacity to engage inhabitants and stakeholders; and designing inclusive and just climate strategies.
About the C40 Cities Global Green New Deal (GGND) Initiative
Through a new initiative of the ICA Programme, C40 will be supporting targeted engagement in 20+ champion cities across 5 regions focusing on delivering inclusive climate action, a just transition and demonstrating what C40’s vision for a Global Green New Deal (GGND) – including a green and just recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic – looks like in practice in cities. The initiative will draw on C40’s expertise to advance aggressive climate mitigation targets, a just and equitable transition, and adaptive resilience in North America, Europe, Africa and Latin America. The aim is to ensure mayors and cities contribute as world leaders to reimagining societies and communities in a way that is low carbon, just and prosperous, and reduce the risk of further pandemic crises and avoid climate breakdown.
The initiative will:
- Provide cities with informed guidance and assistance to accelerate the inclusive and equitable implementation of their climate action plans and declarations, including just transition pathways to a new green and inclusive economy
- Support mayors in putting inclusive climate action at the heart of urban decision making, through targeted support and best practice examples of policies and programs that create equitable outcomes
- Showcase the results in order to spread success to cities around the world and influence the global narrative on climate leadership and Covid-19 recovery, supporting mayors to provide political leadership to compel adoption of more ambitious and equitable climate action and to nurture cross-sectoral coalitions
- Create a Global Green New Deal platform around which climate movements can align, led by mayors and bringing into the fold organized labor, youth activists and business networks
The ICA Team Coordinator will be based in Europe and supporting the Europe, North America and Africa regional teams in implementing and delivering the Green New Deal initiative. This support will involve engaging with and facilitating communication between the Regions and the ICA and Communications teams, as well as any other teams working on this initiative. This engagement and facilitation will likely involve administrative, communication, networking, knowledge development, workshop coordination, briefings and material development and set-up/minuting of meetings, calls, webinars, etc. .
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering ambitious climate action and passionate about undertaking research to support knowledge building around the delivery of inclusive, equitable and socially just climate policies and action in the contexts of Europe and other regions relevant to the initiative. This candidate will have demonstrated interest and ability in facilitating cross-team collaboration and effective coordination between different stakeholders. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-moving environment and have the ability to flex their priorities based on input from Regional Directors and the ICA Programme leadership. S/he should be able to create and maintain rigorous information sharing systems between teams and to keep track of numerous work streams. An understanding of the work that C40 and city officials are doing in Europe and ideally North America and Africa will also be helpful.
The ICA Team Coordinator will have a high degree of comfort with all administrative tasks and be competent in the use of technology and software, such as webinar tools, software for presentations and data analysis in Excel. Preferably, they will also have some experience with performance reporting.
- Working with the Regions and the ICA teams to support the peer-to-peer, coalition building and regional partnership building teams on aligning priorities and co-delivering activities between cities and key social movements, including labour unions, relevant to each region
- Ensure strong and close alignment between Regional Directors (and their deputies) and the Programme Director for Inclusive Climate Action, the Director of International Diplomacy, the Head of Global Green New Deal pilot implementation and the overall ICA team
- Work with both Regional Directors (in particular Europe, North America and Africa) and the ICA Programme Director, the Head of GGND pilot implementation and the ICA City Advisors to coordinate briefings and agendas for meetings, ensure that the Directors are properly briefed on the agenda in advance of all meetings, take formal records or minutes if required. Monitor actions taken on decisions made.
- Coordinate and develop background material on behalf of the Directors as required. This can include research as well as liaising with other C40 teams.
- Support the set-up of regional GGND convenings bringing together key partners to drive action and advocacy to achieve regional thematic goals
- Help inform the development of an ICA Forum peer-to-peer plan that will provide in-person (global thematic workshops) and online opportunities for city officials to connect and share knowledge on the inclusive climate actions that they are delivering.
- The ICA Forum will be organized in thematic work streams based on cross-cutting themes (just transition, informality, energy poverty, gender, racial justice, etc.)
- Support and ensure effective communication between the regions teams and the ICA, Communication, Campaigns and Diplomacy teams on any initiative related to ICA and the GGND pilots that support the identification of common opportunities for regional funding and influencing national and regional policy.
- Support the development of strategies for GGND and ICA advocacy and vertical integration activities happening within the relevant regions
- Provide diary and logistical support to the Regional and Deputy Directors for Europe, North America and Africa
- Devise, establish and manage the administrative systems and processes required to support the regional team’s operations, including regular performance reporting
- Respond to enquiries from internal and external contacts and as far as is possible process these through to their resolution
- Liaise with building security and facilities support to register, meet and greet visitors, book appropriate meeting spaces, and ensure appropriate communications technology is set up
- Supporting travel arrangements and documentation to regional teams where relevant to this initiative
- Provide logistical support to the ICA City Advisors across the regions during the set-up and coordination of technical assistance, workshops, webinars, study visits and any other relevant peer-to-peer activity
- This may also include the logistics of international operations including teleconferencing, webinar scheduling, online filing systems, and internal business exchange content.
- Working with C40 IT on technology troubleshooting and development of optimal solutions in the webinar and conference calling services.
- Support the delivery of team meetings and workshops, including organising travel and hotel arrangements for delegates, and ensuring timely communication of meeting purpose and outcomes.
- Additional duties as requested.
Knowledge Building, Production & Reporting:
- Support the Regional Directors and the ICA City Advisors in the collation and production of documents, where needed
- Support the reporting to the initiative’s monitoring and evaluation framework to help track progress within the cities on the key areas of success for the project
- Support tracking city actions and outcomes, where relevant to this initiative
- Support the RDs in maintaining an awareness and understanding of Green New Deal and Green Recovery discourse in the relevant regions & ensure this is effectively communicated between RDs & the ICA and Communications teams working on this initiative
- International experience or proven awareness of working across different cultures, languages and time zones.
- Passionate about driving ambitious climate action and working with cities. Background and understanding of Green New Deal and Just Transition concepts is an asset
- Experience or knowledge of coordinating multiple and complex projects involving senior stakeholders internally and externally
- Experience of city government a strong asset
- A strong interest in research on supporting and financing inclusive climate action at city, regional and international level is an asset
- Proven ability to reprioritize tasks quickly
- Ability to tailor content to best meet the interests and needs of a variety of different stakeholders
- A proven ability to quickly develop understanding of complex environmental, social justice, city governance or similar issues and communicate these to others clearly
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing in a range of formats
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent people skills, with a collaborative working style and experience of working with a range of people and teams
- A strong desire to learn and develop skills and knowledge
- A strong commitment to C40’s mission and values
- Confident interpersonal skills to engage professionally with stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience with business administration, reporting and financial systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of online communications systems, and willingness to trial and learn new technologies/software.
- Understanding of challenges and opportunities of working with different cultures from around the world.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong English language skills, other European languages desired.
Applicants must already have the right to work in Spain. Some travel may be required as part of the role.
Location: Madrid, Spain
Term: Fixed Term Contract - 1 year (with possibility of extension depending on funding)
Salary: €32,253.00 gross per annum
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 15 September 2020.
To learn more about the work of C40 and our cities, please visit www.c40.org, follow us on Twitter @c40cities and like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/C40Cities.
C40 is an equal opportunities
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Se busca oficial de primera albañil para obras situadas en Lozoya, Soto del Real y Las Rozas. ejecución de pozos de registro, arquetas, solado de aceras, colocación de bordillos. [...]
ELECTROLUX ESPAÑA, S.A.U Alcobendas (Madrid) T/2020/35895 Prácticas curriculares del estudio Máster en Decision Making and Innovation 2.0 (Universidad de Alcalá) ¿Qué ofrece la empresa? [...]
Madrid (Madrid) T/2020/35906 ¿Qué ofrece la empresa? - 1 plaza de prácticas para incorporarse en octubre 2020 - Bolsa de ayuda de 730,00€ brutos mensuales - 8h. diarias en Jornada co [...]
- Inscríbete - share this job - Enviar - Guardar Bullet points - Experiencia de al menos 5 años como Director Financiero en el sector promotor - Imprescindible nivel alto de inglés [...]