IOM Internationale Organisation für Migration
The Enterprise Architecture and Technology Unit, headed by the Senior Information Technology
Officer (Enterprise Architecture and Technology) provides leadership in (a) articulating IOM’s
enterprise architecture's vision, standards and overall technology roadmap utilizing the data
architecture, business architecture and technical architecture functions, and (b) delivery and
maintenance of enterprise infrastructure, platforms and operations. The Unit consists of three
main teams: 1) Enterprise Architecture, 2) Cloud Engineering and Platforms and 3) Enterprise
Under the overall supervision of the Director, Department of Resources Management and direct
supervision of the Director of Information and Communications Technology (ICT)/CIO, the
successful candidate is responsible for planning, management of the enterprise-wide technology
infrastructure strategy, architecture, standards and transformation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Formulate the strategy and framework for, and direct all work related to, the operation of
IOM's global ICT infrastructure, including telecommunications and computer systems, platform
integration between IOM Headquarters and Country Offices, conference services and data
centre services both cloud and on-premise; and ensure agility and responsiveness to evolving
business objectives, requirements, and growth.
2. Advise the CIO and critical business sectors on capabilities in relation to business continuity
and direct the implementation and maintenance of such capabilities with regards to IOM's global
3. Define and direct the portfolio of work and exercise significant and strategic human and
financial asset management. Flexibly deploy and redeploy resources into value-added activities
and away from areas without comparative advantage in accordance with the results-based
management framework and underpinned by major service level agreements and key
4. Assess and authorize innovative sourcing strategies for the provision of ICT infrastructure
both at IOM Headquarters and Country Offices and ensure the management of the same.
5. Plan and direct major tenders related to ICT technical services. Manage critical and complex
contracts or agreements with external service providers or partners. Develop solutions to
unprecedented or unique problems. Anticipate and manage changes to internal processes and
6. Lead the ICT Service Management and the Service delivery activities spreading a culture of
customer-centric orientation within the division.
7. Seamlessly integrate business and service strategy into enterprise architecture roadmap.
Build the long-term strategic roadmap for all ICT systems architecture in cooperation with
business and ICT stakeholders; Lead the development of IOM’s technology roadmap and
design of enterprise-wide technology infrastructure; Consolidate IOM’s technology platforms and
create plans for each.
8. Organize resources, establish priorities for and direct the implementation of major ICT
technical projects aimed at developing or reinforcing critical ICT capabilities, ensuring that they
improve service delivery, deliver business value and are implemented on time, within the
allocated resources, and in line with information security requirements.
9. Maintain keen awareness of technological developments, the needs of the Organization and
industry best practice, and advise senior and executive management on the opportunities and
implications for innovation or risk mitigation. Consult within ICT and with other Directors and
senior staff in business sectors to ensure that overall ICT infrastructure capability and capacity
meet current and future business expectations. Identify and proactively manage risk
management processes in order to avoid critical ICT-related service outages.
10. Represent IOM and provide authoritative expertise and strategic advice at international,
regional and national meetings.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business
Management, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with ten years of relevant
professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with twelve years of relevant professional experience;
- Industry professional certification in any of the areas above will be a distinct advantage.
- At least six years of managerial experience, including leadership/technology team
management in a multinational or multicultural environment;
- At least six years of experience in any two of the following: technical architecture, solution
architecture, network management, application development, middleware design, information
analysis, database management or operations management, solution architecture, business
analysis, or business strategic planning;
- Experience designing, managing, or implementing large-scale enterprise applications;
- Experience with cloud implementations (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), SOA, APIs, open data,
microservices, MS SharePoint and Dynamics, event-driven IT, and predictive analytics;
- Experience in planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid
- Expert knowledge of business ecosystems, creating technology roadmaps. and experience in
ERP implementations such as SAP;
- Advanced knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes;
- Good understanding of design thinking;
- Knowledge of data centre optimization, data center management processes, virtualization, and
public cloud services (AWS and/or Azure).
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French
and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process,
which may include written and/or oral assessments.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed
manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve
shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely
manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains
complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the
ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling
environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and
communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain
eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in
the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No
late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 03 September 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment
system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 21.08.2020 to 03.09.2020
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview,
processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Conciliar la vida familiar nunca había sido tan fácil. Trabaja desde casa gestionando stock, llamadas y redes sociales. No es nec3saria experiencia. Formación gratuita. Más información al W [...]
Empresa líder en servicios de reformas y mantenimiento necesita a un jardinero en Valencia. Estamos comprometidos a ofrecer un servicio de calidad a nuestros clientes. Trabajando con nosotros como ja [...]
CONDUCTORES DE CAMION Datos: Datos Adicionales: Empresa ubicada en ESTADA necesita conductor de camión con carnet c + e , con o sin a.d.r. para la zona de LERIDA, ZARAGOZA,TERUEL,CASTELLON Y VA [...]
Si quieres trabajar en el sector sanitario, tienes experiencia en extracción de muestras para análisis clínicos y buscas un horario de fin de semana por la mañana ¡esta oferta te interesa! Tu [...]