The position will play an important role in the monitoring of and reporting on Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) compliance. This position will prepare and develop audit programs and test plans and perform comprehensive audits of varied complexity. This position will work closely with the process owners to understand processes, ensure risks are appropriately identified and controls to mitigate the risks are in place and operating effectively. This position will also ensure timely and informative reporting on the risk and control environment.
The role of Specialist Compliance has the following responsibilities:
- Working with the business in ensuring that financial risks are identified,
documented and appropriately measured - providing effective challenge, when appropriate
- Preparing narrative descriptions, flowcharts, and other audit related documentation identifying control points within business processes, and making sure that our control environment complies with both internal procedures and Accounting Standards
- Testing the Company's system of internal controls impacting on the financial reporting
- Validating findings with control owners and evaluating the implications
- Partnering with internal cross functional teams identifying control weaknesses and making control improvement recommendations to management
- Acting as a liaison with the external auditors, Share Service Centers and with other Controls teams (central functions and other local markets), ensuring that control tests are effectively aligned with expectations and designed to meet auditor and Group objectives
- Meeting project deadlines and delivering high quality work product
- Providing consultation to the business on the nature and significance of control issues and advising in control design decisions and changes
What you bring?
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounting or Finance, preferably with at least 2 years audit experience (Big 4 or larger regional accounting firm preferred) and recent relevant experience related to SOX compliance activities
- Strong written and oral communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with project teams and stakeholders
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of internal control concepts
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, including virtual collaboration
- Fluent English
- Strong personal computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and digital tools (Microsoft Office 365)
- Aligned with our Vodafone Spirit: Learn Fast, Experiment, Make it Together, Create the Future
At Vodafone we are concerned about being a company committed to diversity as an engine of change. We are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and religious or political beliefs.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Asociación centro Trama busca un Trabajador/a Social, para recurso de Victimas de Violencia de Género y a sus hijos e hijas y otras personas dependientes. Funciones: Recepcionar las Órdenes de [...]
GRUPO CONSTANT, se encuentra en búsqueda de OFICIALES CATENARIA DE LAC Y LAT HUESCA, para uno de nuestros principales clientes, empresa multinacional española especializada en los sectores de infrae [...]
Luxe Talent is looking for a talented Retail Area Manager to join an International Retail company based in Madrid. Reporting to the Retail Director and Country Manager, this person will be for the im [...]
- Liderar campañas de prensa y visibilidad. - Mantener una comunicación fluida con el cliente. - Analizar y elaborar mapa de medios según perfil de las campañas. - Entrevistas y/o cobertura [...]