Foreign & Commonwealth Office
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy in Spain is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for Digital Communications intern for its DIT Team in Madrid.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the UK Government organisation that helps UK-based companies to sell their products and services in Spain and other international markets. DIT also assists overseas companies to bring high-quality investment to the UK’s economy.
The intern selected will have the chance to join a multinational/multicultural environment that will allow him/her to learn and get excellent experience in the Department for International Trade.
He/she will work in a mainly support role with many opportunities to work in areas such as social media communications, virtual event management and relationship with marketing and communication department from UK and Spanish companies across different sectors. This is a good opportunity to put into practice and broaden his/her communication and marketing skills. There is a possibility to start remote and then continue at the office in Madrid.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to the Communications Officer with content & digital strategy for DIT Spain network.
Give support in:
- Develop the digital marketing strategy and corporate positioning;
- Implement specific initiatives in our key channels: Twitter and Linkedin;
- Develop/maintain social media profiles and quality content on twitter and LinkedIn to support and expand our digital presence;
- Measure the impact of all activities carried out on our digital channels and define standard metrics to allow the assessment of the impacts.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Spanish;
- Must have passion for communication;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative when required;
- Strong Knowledge of social media channels, mainly Hootsuit, twitter and LinkedIn;
- Strong knowledge of content marketing, social media marketing, and monitoring and analysis of results;
- Good knowledge of the most common digital tools and platforms.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Studying a degree related to digital communications. Valuable any digital comms/marketing knowledge.
Seeing the Big Picture, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline Application deadline - day Application deadline - month Application deadline - year
13 September 2020
Type of Position
Working hours per week
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Type of Post
Number of vacancies
Starting monthly salary (EUR)
Start Date Start Date - day Start Date - month Start Date - year
1 October 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is an internship placement for the duration of 6 months for 25 hours/week (5 hours/day).
The British Embassy will offer a monthly internship allowance € 693 per month.
The intern will need to arrange and pay for his or her own travel, accommodation, as well as any other costs.
The successful internship candidate will be subject to a confirmation of a background check and security clearance, they will be registered on the Spanish Social Security.
The internship candidate will be subject to the conditions of agreement between the University and the Embassy.
The Embassy is a Diplomatic Mission with tax exempt status and does not collect taxes for other States. Interns are fully responsible for payment of Spanish income tax at the legally required rate if applicable to them.
- The intern must be studying during the course of full duration of the internship;
- The Academic Institution should have an agreement with the British Embassy in Madrid;
- Third party liability insurance which is often supplied by the Academic Institution (when applicable) to cover the intern in the event they are injured on the premises or damage property;
- Proof of medical coverage for the period of the internship.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered the internship.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and enco [...]
Marketing manager saffron desde la divisin de marketing digital amp ecommerce de randstad professionals consultora especializada en la seleccin de perfiles altamente cualificados estamos buscando un m [...]
Do you want to become part of a start-up that is changing the marketing and advertising industry and help us expand our brand in Spain? Then, this is for you! What will be your role as a Sales int [...]
Location: Madrid, Spain Internship start date: January/February 2021 Internship duration: 9 months Applications are open until September 27th, 2020. Microsoft’s mission is to empower every pers [...]