Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
Our lactic acid and derivatives plant In Spain, Montmeló (Barcelona), services all of our markets; Food, Biochemicals and Pharma. This site is labeled an Innovation Plant within Corbion, meaning that this is often the first location to produce new products and implement new technologies. You will be part of a knowledgeable, versatile and creative team.
Corbion is seeking a Plant Technologist who embodies our behaviors of Set Clear Direction, Make the Difference, Focus on Customers and Deliver Through Teamwork
As our Plant Technologist for the location Montmelo, Spain,
the main responsibilities are:
- Generation, development and implementation of optimization ideas
- Analysis of process issues in areas under his/her responsibility, looking for solutions within the production team, taking responsibility in implementation and results monitoring.
- Participate (design, engineer, start-up, train operators and validate) in projects related to new process installations/systems or new developed Corbion products (define required process adaptations/settings, validations).
- Participate or lead multidisciplinary continuous improvement teams
- Provide daily operational support by establishing optimal process settings to maintain and/or improve the process efficiency and/or product quality. Needs to follow trends in production processes to observe deviations in processes in an early stage preventing process malfunctioning and/or off spec products.
- Participation in technological intercompany groups, sharing information and experience, contributing to the generation technological knowledge, fixing best proven practice standards and taken use of it in the process under his responsibility.
In addition to your educational achievements with Chemical Engineering / Biochemistry / Chemistry background, as the successful candidate for the position of Plant Technologist also meet the following criteria:
- >10 years of experience involved in chemical / biochemical industry in the areas of process engineering / production
- Experience in unit operations related to downstream like, for instance, solid-liquid separation, precipitation, evaporation, distillation, etc.
- Accustomed to collaborate with Production at all levels (from management to field operators), Quality and other Operations teams.
- Accustomed to establish relationships with machinery vendors, raw materials and technical (mechanical and electrical) staff
- Basic PRL certificate (50 h)
- Good command of English (Minimum B2 level)
- Proactive and autonomous behavior
- Good ability and position to make independent decisions on complex process issues.
- Ability to work individually as an expert and within a multidisciplinary team as advisor/engineer.
- Hands-on & can do attitude
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. Furthermore at Corbion you will experience a:
- Company which empowers people and where your initiatives, and ideas make a real difference
- International and truly diverse organization
- Unique possibility to develop yourself in the attractive world of biobased products having at the same time access to courses related to your particular discipline in order to keep you up to date to external. process developments
- Friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2019, Corbion generated annual sales of € 976.4 million and had a workforce of 2.138 FTE. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Desde Catalunyampleo Granollers, seleccionamos para empresa situada en Montmeló, un/a tecnico/a facturación.. La persona seleccionada se incorporará en el departamento contable, llevando a cabo, en [...]
Desde Catalunyampleo Granollers, seleccionamos para empresa situada en Montmeló, un/a tecnico/a financiero/a.. La persona seleccionada, en dependencia directa del director financiero de la empresa se [...]
Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. We are the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading s [...]
Main tasks and responsibilities - Coordinate the Quality Control tasks to assure on time customer deliveries. - Manage Quality Control lab: Material and equipment’s resources, but also people [...]