At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
Were passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Short Role Description
The Associate Director SMM (ADSMM) is accountable for delivering the committed part of all clinical interventional studies under their supervision according to agreed resources, budget and timelines aligning with AZ Procedural Documents, international guidelines such as ICH-GCP as well as relevant local regulations.
The ADSMM is responsible for line managing dedicated group(s) of staff and responsible for planning and utilization of staff resources, assigned budget, objective setting and performance follow-up.
It is also encouraged that the ADSMM may contribute to regional/global work tasks as delegated.
As assigned, the ADSMM is accountable for ensuring that study sites are identified, site qualifications performed, set up, initiated, monitored, closed and documentation archived.
In some countries an ADSMM may also take responsibilities as Local Study Manager (LSM) or Clinical Quality Manager (CQM) if required and agreed with the CH/CD.
- Leadership of dedicated group, building the team spirit, developing team style and behaviour.
- Ensures adequate resources for the studies assigned.
- Ensures that the workload of direct reports is adequate.
- Development and performance management of direct reports.
- Ensures that direct reports have development and training plans, according to IDP process.
- Coaches the direct reports on a regular basis, and plans/organises coaching with external providers if needed.
- Prepares salary and bonus proposals for direct reports based on their performance in close collaboration with responsible CH/CD SMM and local HRBP.
- Contributes to efficient SMM organisation and its functioning at country level by working closely with responsible CH/CD SMM.
- Contributes to high quality feasibility work.
- Oversees successful delivery of SMM study delivery country level targets to plan, with speed and quality.
- Contributes to the quality improvement of the study processes and other procedures.
- Ensures all systems are continuously updated.
- Ensures completeness and timeliness of the eTMF to maintain it Inspection Ready.
- Assists CH/CD SMM or Local Study Managers/teams in forecasting study timelines, resources, recruitment, study materials and drugs.
- Provides direction to LSM/teams on major study commitments including resolving any key issues identified.
- Supports SMM region in initiatives/activities as agreed with CH/CD SMM.
- Ensures collaboration with local Medical Affairs team.
- Ensures that study activities at country level comply with local policies and code of ethics.
- Reviews SQV reports of direct reports in line with AZ SOPs
- Reviews Accompanied site visits/co- monitoring visits/training visits/QC visits performed to direct reports in line with the local QC plans.
- Performs accompanied site visits according to local QC Plan, supporting ongoing coaching and development.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in related field, preferably in life science, or equivalent qualification (-).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Development Operations (CRA / Sr. CRA / LSM) or other related fields.
- At least 2 years of line management experience is mandatory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Manage change with a positive approach for self, team and business. Sees change as an opportunity to improve performance and add value to business.
- Proven project management experience.
- Excellent organisational, analytical, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Good ability to learn and to adapt to work with IT systems.
- Ability for national and international travel.
(-) to be adapted to local country market needs.
- Very good knowledge of the Clinical Study Process and international ICH-GCP guidelines.
- Excellent knowledge of the Monitoring Process.
- Good understanding of the Study Drug Handling Process and the Data Management Process.
- Good knowledge of relevant local and international regulations.
- Good medical knowledge and ability to learn relevant AZ Therapeutic Areas.
- Ability to deliver quality according to the requested standards.
- Ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes of delivering quality clinical trials with reduced budget and in less time.
- Ability to work in an environment of remote collaborators.
- Integrity and high ethical standards.
- Good resource management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Good financial management skills.
- Good conflict management skills and ability to handle crisis.
- Good interviewing skills responsibility for attracting, developing and retaining personnel.
- Excellent team building skills also in cross-functional teams.
- Good intercultural awareness.
- Excellent ability to work according to global standards.
Key stakeholders and relationships
- Direct and indirect reporting staff.
- CH SMM/Cluster Director SMM/ Senior Director SMM (Region).
- Regional Finance Associate Director.
- Regional Clinical Quality Associate Director.
- Business Strategy and Planning Director.
- Clinical Feasibility Recruitment Group.
- Global Study Teams.
- Therapeutic Area DCDs and ADCDs.
- Local HRBP.
- Medical Affairs.
- Local Marketing Company staff including Patient Safety, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Compliance, Finance, etc.
- Investigators and site personnel.
- EC/IRB and Reg. Authorities.
- Local Pharma Association and other relevant associations/authorities.
- Study related vendors.
- CRO (Staff vendors).
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
selección de 4 chicas para tele-operadora en ventas energía no se requiere experiencia edad 18-45 años media jornada con opción a completa [...]
Empresa de Seguridad con mas de 30 años de experiencia en el sector, precisa Jefe de Sala (Central Receptora de Alarmas) con más de 2 años de experiencia demostrable. Incorporación inmediata y [...]
Busco chica latina preferencia Dominicanas que tengas 40 años en adelante y tengas nacionalidad española te puedes interesar [...]
Somos el principal distribuidor de Yoigo de la Comunidad de Madrid. Nuestra delegación situada en MOSTOLES cumple 2 años abierta y por aperturas de nuevas oficinas buscamos aumentar nuestra plant [...]