X-ELIO is a leading global developer of renewable energies that relies on a large expertise in the solar sector. We are into in a deep expansion in Europe, Japan, South America, the Middle East, South Africa and North America. Our efforts are focused on the generation of ecological and highly profitable solar energy projects, offering customized solutions. We need to incorporate a Civil Project Engineer in our offices in Madrid, with experience in the PV Sector.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate will be responsible for all non-electrical aspects of design and site layouts for solar PV installations He/she will also participate in project feasibility studies from the design perspective as well as supervising the EPC contractors’ construction designs and as-built documentation, assistance to Technical Due Diligences, etc.
This individual will collaborate with various departments on requests to develop, design, and optimize the projects and will develop the following tasks:
- Evaluate potential project locations for site suitability, geology, hydrology, topography, and other relevant characteristics to inform PV System Design.
- Design PV system including selecting racking/mounting equipment, designing access roads, drainage plans, performing relevant calculations such as civil work optimization, erosion prevention, and other tasks throughout the design and construction process.
- Performing advisory activities such as reviewing detailed engineering documentation from Contractors in accordance with the EPC contract, international and local standards
- Prepare and/or evaluate technical specifications for construction site plans, structures and foundation design; Assist Procurement department in running RFPs and managing installation, civil, and geotechnical sub-contractors.
- Quantity Survey and budgeting of designs to produce the design BOQ.
- Assemble system drawing sets in AutoCAD Civil 3D for purposes of bidding, permitting, and construction in accordance with X-Elio´s design standards and methodology.
- Potential travel to perform site assessments and due diligence field work in support of new project developments, project bids, environmental studies, surveying, and construction activities.
- Performing advisory activities such as reviewing hydrological (wetlands and flooding), geotechnical, topographical (RTK, UAVs, Lidar) surveying for preliminary and basic engineering design.software: GIS, Autodesk Civil 3D, SAP2000
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrated work experience with a solid understanding of civil site design, land development, and construction operations.
- Required 6 years’ experience in a similar position, designing civil land development projects and producing construction drawing sets and documentation, ideally in a solar industry.
- Computer/Design Software literacy o MS Office, including advanced MS Excel.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D. o Other civil or structural design tools.
- GIS, Autodesk Civil 3D, SAP2000
- Fluent in English and proficient in Spanish
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Business Summary The global HR Technology team is a creative community of people brought together to enable VMware people processes through engaging, collaborative, leading edge systems solutions tha [...]
Business Summary The global HR Technology team is a creative community of people brought together to enable VMware people processes through engaging, collaborative, leading edge systems solutions [...]
I.Purpose: This standard was developed to document key roles and responsibilities for Senior Civil Engineer Position. II.Scope: 1.The Senior Civil Engineer is deemed to be the project owner [...]
Spain - Madrid, Madrid **Job Summary** The AECOM Madrid Design Office is currently looking for an experienced Structural Engineer to join our experienced and talented team. We are looking for someone [...]