- You are here:
Home > Head of Advanced Light Microscopy Unit
Head of Advanced Light Microscopy Unit
Head of Advanced Light Microscopy Unit
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
- Leadership of the unit to guarantee highest level of service provision and user support to both internal and external users
- Acquisition and upgrade or replacement decisions to keep the unit at the leading technology edge in the biological imaging field. Securing funding for these investments in competitive calls
- Method development to continuously improve the available technology portfolio of the unit
- Networking and active participation or leadership in national and international initiatives in the bioimaging field
- Development and execution of internal and external training activities in the field of microscopy, organization and hosting of workshops
About the Unit
The ALMU was established in 2007 and is a fully operational walk in facility with a staff of five specialists, >200 internal and external users per year and an average annual usage of >18000 hours. It hosts a range of 13 high end and cutting edge light microscopy systems including super-resolution, multiphoton and confocal microscopes as well as several image processing and analysis workstations.
The services offered by the ALMU are:
- Technology training on the operation of the unit’s microscope systems
- Support for experiments requiring advanced imaging methods
- User access to high-end light microscopy systems covering all currently existing imaging fields
- Training and help in image processing and data analysis
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have extensive experience in all advanced biological imaging methods
- You have understanding of biological research and experimental requirements
- You have substantial experience in image processing, image analysis and data handling
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
- You have experience in working in or leadership of an imaging core facility
- You have experience in team leadership
- You have experience in the organization of courses and workshops in imaging
Education and training
- You hold a PhD in biology, physics or in a related field and have worked in advanced biological imaging for several years
- You are fluent in English
- You have advanced knowledge about the operation of high end light microscopes
- You have programming knowledge suitable for image processing and analysis
- Leadership: Ability to lead a small team of experts
- Initiative: Proactive, multi-tasking and results-oriented
- Analytical: Capable of performing high level strategic analysis and convey key points to a variety of audiences
- Accuracy: Focus to work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Communications: Strong communication skills written and verbal. Ability to interact with a diverse audience. Organisation of scientific conferences, courses and workshops
- Planning & Prioritization: Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Collaboration: Can work collaboratively with scientific research groups and other core facilities
- Interpersonal relations: Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external colleagues at all levels
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section .
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Monica Morales.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Monica Morales and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by June 15, 2020
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Quieres trabajar en un puesto en el que puedas ayudar a miles de famlias a ahorrarse dinero en la factura de luz y gas Trabajars en una importante del sector energtico que te dar la oportunidad de ase [...]
Diesel is the extra-ordinary fashion brand rooted in denim mastery. Is a truly worldwide organization, a tribe where extra-ordinary people work together to enable business success and to realize their [...]
Siempre has querido incorporarte al mundo inmobiliarioTe gustara unirte a una inmobiliaria con ms de 25 aos de experiencia en el sectornete a Importante empresa y trabaja como Consultor Inmobiliario c [...]
Se esta seleccionando promotoros/vendedoros para un estanco en SITGES (BARCELONA se ofrecen 40h/semanales 1500/brutos mes + comisiones por ventas + festivos que se trabajen a parte, trabajo de lunes a [...]